Second Skin Audio

Just got it done! Man what a Pain in the @SS

Well Guys after my first attempt and building a ported box for my ol' JL 15w0 and the screwing up. I decided to try again and this time I got a better out come. On the first box I was doing slotted ports but after them causing be a problem I gave up on that Idea and on the new box I just put a 4" round port because I'm going to make a face plate with a cloth speaker grill that will hide the cones of the subs and ports so it was no big deal. Now I just need to try and find some carpet thats cheap to cover this thing. I thought about doing the face plate in a vinyl and the box in Light gray carpet to match the factory Tahoe interior.

On a Cool side note I finally got the Punch 40dsm (Traded a buddy a ol' pioneer head unit for it) I think I got the better trade but we will see. I hook the amp up to a Power supply and everything looks like its going to work good. I'll run the amp bridged 4ohm mono so it should power these little subs fine.

I ended tunning the box to 31hz so We will see if that was too low but I'll let you know when I get it fired up. If I have to I can cut the port with a cut off wheel to shorten it if I have to.

Then it's to the RTA to get the DQXS set up.

Shannon

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

The little amp that could!

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Like I said, I just hope I didn't Tune the box to low. When I used WinISD it showed a 4" (round) port X 18 1/2" long Would be 30.73 Hertz. When I was putting the ports in I told myself to cut the ports down to 15 1/2" but I thought if that was two low I could alway cut more. You can always cut more but you cant add to. LoL

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

it should sound alright I guess I never payed attention to winisd for port length so I don't know if it's right or not

I usually tune to around 35hz or 33hz

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I just hope I don't have to getting this box with a cutoff wheel to shorten this port! You guys have any Ideas for a Amp rack. I thought about building one under the rear set abut it looks like it might be a P.I.T.A. I also thought about building one on the back of the box because Sometimes I might have to take this thing out of the back from time to time for y wife uses this as her work truck and she has allot of stuff she has to pack in the back.

Any help or ideas you guys have please feel free to chime in.

Now wheres the best/cheapest place to get Vinyl and carpet?

Shannon

Looks good bro. Building is the only way to truly learn how to do it. Good Job

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Clean box, I like what you did on the ends, might have to use that for my next box

Thanks guys for the complements. I did the ends that way because in the back of the Hoe is 49" wide so I made the box that width to help out with filling all the trim area. Now I just have to figure out how to secure this thing to the truck so it wont be lay'n loose in the back.

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

Woo Hoo! I got this BFM carpeted today. (Don't bash me too bad guys on the seam or the end caps. I'm going to trim this thing out on the end caps so you will never see where the carpet rolls in the inside of the caps. Also the seam on the top, I'm thinking about doing some kinda trim up there to hide the seam but I haven got a clue "what" yet. For now I'm going to run it like this until I make sure everything its tip top.

I called around also today find out how much its going to cost to get this thing on a RTA to get the DQXS tuned and I was quoted !$100 And they gave me a $10 off coupon, So its only going to cost $90 now, which is the cheapest I've found. Some of the other shops wanted $150-$200. (I was like WTF?) So next week I'll have that done and everything should be installed. (I HOPE!)

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78