Second Skin Audio

10s in a truck

Friend is looking for a pair of 10s to put in his truck. He just wants a little bass, so looking for some good SQ. What you guys think of the Infinity Reference 10s?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7065_I...ence+1052W.html

Looking for other suggestions aswell, he looking to order these tomorrow. He only has about 350 to spend on subs and amps though.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

What is he looking at amp wise so we have some idea as to power handling. Sounds like the best advice would be to tell him to save a little longer but to each his on. Those subs don't look to impressive though. I'm not a big fan of all the plastic on the motor

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

I've told him to save up but he doesnt want anything amazing. Just said he would like a little bass. He drives an s10. He has stock alternator/battery and no interest in upgrading anything so i figured maybe 200rms per sub without pulling much from the electrical. Like i said he has no interest in anythin too nice. Just wantin to put a paycheck towards some subs and amp. I dont want to tell him to go to wal mart.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Alright give me a few I'll look around. What does he think about Kicker?

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

he could do a couple level 1's and be way better off than the infinities.

haha i was waitin for the dc suggestion. Even those are too much for him.

Old Setup

Subs

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

Amp

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

Its refurb but their an authorized dealer with warranty. I've dealt with them a few times.

I've been lookin at the cvr aswell. For some reason he's attracted to audiobahn maybe cause my first set up was a pair of 12 audiobahns or the fact their dirt cheap idk.

Old Setup

Thats the best price you're gonna find on that amp and you won't beat the amp or the subs pricing from an authorized dealer. Not a big fan of audiobahn. If I was to ever go back mainstream it would be kicker or rockford.