Second Skin Audio

I'm assuming this sub is garbage

here is a link to a youtube video of the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JZeFF#play/all...l/0/GVKQE3v4gHs

When i push it in it makes that noise, and when hooked up to my amp it makes a terrible slapping/clicking noise.

Still reads 4ohm though, haha.

I just wanna make sure its garbage before i throw it out

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

See... i really have no desire to fix it or anything. i have no need for it. I have two of them, and the other one is still good.

Just wanted to know if it should be tossed, or if it could be sold for anything at all

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

dont quote me but sounds like the coil came undone. prob gone though. i had one that the cone broke from the coil,was a perfect 12.1 though

might have bottomed out and the VC is smashed so it rubs now.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i just burnt out an infinity after a month of having it, got a kenwood off warranty, to hold me over until i can decided between a few different subs, but back to the subject at hand that doesnt sound too good, mine made a similar noise to that before it burnt out, maybe take it out of the box and check to see if anything inside is messed up

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 6020cs components

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

-4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions

to me it sounds like the coil came undonr from the cone and thats what your hearing its not sellable so just remove the dustcap and check if thats the case glue it back in place and see what happens

edit: if this happend its probly from bottoming out so from what i saw above im agreeing that the coil couldve hit the bootom and got smooshed and is rubbing

Edited by BIGD502

haha, just noticed from watching the video..

It is out of the box, lol. Nothing really looks too bad on the inside

Aside from one of the negative attachments to the VC being kinda black... it all looks normal.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

And for the sake of not starting ANOTHER topic.

I was having an electrical smoke issue.. first thought it was my 6x9's.. so i turned off the subwoofer on my headunit.. and turned it up.. No smoke..

I then found a small hole in my box, and thought $h1t its my sub!!..

Took the sub out... Sub still reads a good 4ohm and doesn't smell the slightest bit burnt or fried or anything..

How can i tell if my POS pioneer premium 240wrms amp is bad?

If it is i will just remove it from my car, lol.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

And for the sake of not starting ANOTHER topic.

I was having an electrical smoke issue.. first thought it was my 6x9's.. so i turned off the subwoofer on my headunit.. and turned it up.. No smoke..

I then found a small hole in my box, and thought $h1t its my sub!!..

Took the sub out... Sub still reads a good 4ohm and doesn't smell the slightest bit burnt or fried or anything..

How can i tell if my POS pioneer premium 240wrms amp is bad?

If it is i will just remove it from my car, lol.

id just toss a spare speaker on it for that. i think the sub id gone cuz of the mechanical sound it makes