First Decent Build

Well, I'll be doing my first decent build and wanted some input to see if I am headed in the right direction as far as electrical upgrades is concerned. I'll have about 3000 watts rms. Here is a list of my plans. It's gonna be for daily, no comps. Any input is appreciated.

Optima Yellow Top up front (already have)

Big 3 in 1/0 (on the way)

1 run of 1/0 for power and ground

RF 10 farad hybrid cap-Decided against the cap. Any suggestions on batteries? Would one XS d925 be enough?

DC Power 250 amp alt

Edited by hdrox88

Personnally I wouldn't have gotten the cap ............ i'm sure it'll help some but i'd of did a battery or two in the back vs the cap. I'm sure that alternator should hold everything to a good charge though.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Personnally I wouldn't have gotten the cap ............ i'm sure it'll help some but i'd of did a battery or two in the back vs the cap. I'm sure that alternator should hold everything to a good charge though.

I have not purchased the cap yet(or much else on the list yet for that matter). It's all going in an ex cab ranger so space is limited. Thats why I was thinking a cap. How about an HC800?

I have 2 powermaster d925 batteries in the cab of my extended cab ranger. They are nice little batteries and small pretty small to.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

I've got a 40 farad cap at the house i have been thinking of using but it will only smooth the power out, not really do the same thing as a battery will. I would only use one if you already have the needed batteries and alternator. That being said I would go with a HC1800 in the front and a 1400 in the cab for a 3000 watt system.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I've got a 40 farad cap at the house i have been thinking of using but it will only smooth the power out, not really do the same thing as a battery will. I would only use one if you already have the needed batteries and alternator. That being said I would go with a HC1800 in the front and a 1400 in the cab for a 3000 watt system.

I just bought my yellow top a couple months ago too before I had this build in mind. :shot: