Melissa Posted July 29, 2009 Report Posted July 29, 2009 Yea it was, what car was yours was it a truck? That was before the second Alt and stuff, I am dieing to see how it does on the mic now. Thanks for the welcome. Yep, the black truck.
skittlesRgood Posted July 29, 2009 Report Posted July 29, 2009 welcome. going to the show in your town on the 9th? if you dont have it figured out by then i'll have a look at it. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
SlappinM30 Posted July 29, 2009 Author Report Posted July 29, 2009 Yep, the black truck. Nice truck, I'm not quite to your level yet. welcome. going to the show in your town on the 9th? if you dont have it figured out by then i'll have a look at it. I'm not to sure if I'm going to be back yet. I am still up taking care of my Grandparents in Lincoln (about 30 Min. north east of Sac). But I am really hoping that I can get home soon so I can go to the show. 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
skittlesRgood Posted July 29, 2009 Report Posted July 29, 2009 well if you do make it, look for a white buick SUV with "skittles" on the back and ask for "skittles". ill be happy to help you out or even just introduce you to some people so the shows are more fun. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
SlappinM30 Posted July 29, 2009 Author Report Posted July 29, 2009 Thanks I appreciate it, I am always into meeting new people with common interests. I am still very much a noobie to the lanes, I have only been to in two shows. The first is were I got the trophy that I keep in the car (yes I am very proud LOL). I got some great help from a friend of mine named Lucas ( I hope I spelled that right), some of the Team Bassik Guy lent a hand, and even Doug Stockton gave me some pointers. I look forward to meeting you at the show. I took the car for a ride today and the amp is still getting hot (thought it was 110 today), and to top it off I think I may have a sub that is now about to go out. I don't smell coil as I have in the past with other subs though???? But all of the sudden it will cut out, but there still power at the amp. I am not to sure, I will have to look at it tomorrow if I have time. Damn I really need to get home so I can build a box that is actually for this car and put in my other two 15's. 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
SlappinM30 Posted July 30, 2009 Author Report Posted July 30, 2009 So I took a look at it and the problem is still the amp. Witch sucks because I don't really have the cash to go buying a new amp right now. I just wish that I could figure out why it is getting sooo damn hot! I just hope that it doesn't go before I get home from taking care of the Grandparents. 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
Melissa Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 Nice truck, I'm not quite to your level yet. I'm not to sure if I'm going to be back yet. I am still up taking care of my Grandparents in Lincoln (about 30 Min. north east of Sac). But I am really hoping that I can get home soon so I can go to the show. Thanks! You'll get there, takes time. You're off to a good start!
kingsuv Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 Just got done doing the up grade. I ran two 4Ga. runs from the Alt to the back Aux. Batt., two 4Ga. runs from the back Aux. Batt to the cap, and two runs of 4Ga. from the cap to the amp and re-grounded the amp to the car not the cap. I haven't gotten to listen to it yet to see if it helped, because it is sooo late. But I will test it out after I get back from taking the Grandparents to their Doc appointments. I will try to get pics up soon. If you can, run a ground from the Battery to the amp. Grounds on bodies can limit how well the ground works. Remember, cars have rubber bushing between the body and frame and usually a small 8g type ground wire from the body to frame. If it's a unibody the car is mostly glued together with a few spot welds. Older car enhance this grounding issue. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
dd9515mmatsjugg Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 welcome to the fourm .... you will meet alot of good guys hear MEMBER>>Team Pulse Car Audio 97 Z71 sierra 8" jl w0 md 400watt amp and dvd system 2000 malibu 1 18" old style btl, jl audio 1000/1v2 build in progress My YouTube 100% positive buyer feedback on eBay mmatsjugg306 is my ID there [topic='http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/148756-dd9515mmatsjugg-feedback/']leave me feedback hear for buying and selling[/topic]
SlappinM30 Posted July 30, 2009 Author Report Posted July 30, 2009 Thanks! You'll get there, takes time. You're off to a good start! Thanks for the complement Are you going to come down to the Salinas event on the 29Th of next month. I'm pretty sure I remember what you and (I believe your husband) look like so I will be sure to stop and say hi. If you can, run a ground from the Battery to the amp. Grounds on bodies can limit how well the ground works. Remember, cars have rubber bushing between the body and frame and usually a small 8g type ground wire from the body to frame. If it's a unibody the car is mostly glued together with a few spot welds. Older car enhance this grounding issue. Ok I will try that. Though the ground on the back Batt. and the ground to the amp are maybe 3 Ft. apart on the body. Could I instead of going to the amp, go to the same or near the same bolt that grounds the amp? Thanks for the advice. You know what I just thought of that I haven't done?.... I haven't grounded the Alt to the body of the car! Could that help you think? Damn I need to do that tomorrow! welcome to the fourm .... you will meet alot of good guys hear Thanks, yea everyone here seems to be really cool folks. I look forward to meeting you local Cali people at the events. Any of you other guys coming down to the show? 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.