8v furys 1990 vw jetta coupe (work in progress)

I have been building this car on a limited budget ( Hopefully, I can get the car finished either next year or the year after with the job I have now). But here is the details about the car.

Year:1990

Make: Volkswagen

Model: Jetta GL 2 door (coupe)

Engine: 1.8L 8v head (ported and polished) with 2.0L aba bottom end, autotech cam, adjustable cam sprocket, DigiFast chip, corrrado rubber valve cover gasket, upgraded power and ground wires, dual port exhaust manifold and techtonics downpipe, Techtonic hi flow 90-93 passat cat, techtonics cat back exhaust with borla muffler, vr6 coolant resivor bottle, new mounts front and rear (rear has poly insert)

Transmission: 5spd, lightened flywheel, 16v pressure plate, 8v clutch disc, neuspeed short shift kit with power weigh, vince special short short kit, new mount.

Suspension: Raceland coilovers, vr6 upper strut mounts, polyuretane rear shock mounts, r/32 control arm bushings

Brakes: R1 concepts slotted and cross drilled rotors (front & rear), Hawk HPS brake pads, stainless steel brake lines

Lighting: Stock aero headlights, silver star ultra bulbs, headlight realy harness, m3 style rear taillights, rear fog light wire installed with factory connectors and wire.

Extertior: Euro plate tub, single wiper conversion, big bumper conversion, passat front bumper lip, pull style door handles, tinted front bumper lights, hood struts

Intertior: Recaro power front seats,matching rear back seat, match door & rear panels, carpet swap, rear deck panel swap, reverse glow gauges, gauge trim rings, momo steering wheel with adaptor, momo shift know with boot, early seat belt conversion, adjustable seat belt pillars, early lower dash conversion, trunk carpet, factory smoked dome light, emgerncy flasher switch relocation to steering column, rear c pillar black pillars (replaced tan factory ones), contura switchs

Audio/video : Jensen motorised headunit with 7 inch screen, , apline sperates , sony rear speakers, pioneer amp for front speakers, pioneer amp for sub, image dynamic sub in box, diesel audio cap, sony playstation 2

Misc: viper car alarm with power door locks, tinted windows, peripheral ipod adaptor

Here how the car looks now.

Posted Image

This is when I first got the car.

It is a 1990 jetta coupe, 5 speed, ac, never been into a accident and never been modified. It has only 94,000 miles on the odometer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The current system photo

Posted Image

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

Thank you, I miss having a loud powerful system. The one in the car is to keep family happy and also I can haul around the everybodies stuff.

Car looks clean

(Headunit) Pioneer DEH-P3100UB

(Speakers) Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs

(4 Channel) Alpine MRP-F300

(Subs) 2 15" Audioque SDC2.5

(Box) 7.27 cubic feet tuned to 31 Hz

(Mono Amplifier) Elemental Designs Nine.1

(Wiring) 1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

(Batteries) 2 C&D Tech 75 a/h

Well, it has been up for sale off and on for a year. I been thinking about selling it, to pay off some bills, help out my girlfriend with some stuff and get another project vehicle my friend has been holding for me for a while.

I am going to still keep working on the car. I will be building a false floor in the trunk to hide the amps and cap and also allow me to be able to have stuff back there without worrying about damaging the amps, and cap.

Archived