8v furys 1990 vw jetta coupe (work in progress)

• 2 months later...

Seems like every time, I have money for stuff for my new system, things break or need to be replaced on my car. Today, my sub decided to die on me. Time for a new sub.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

i know how it is man. everytime you have money, it seems like something always fails on you. just had to replace an injector on my car couple of weeks ago, fun times with that. but good luck gettin everything fixed. i also saw the gps, kind wish i had one, but store maps are fine by me.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Update:

Bought the car back from the person I sold it to. The car was not running when I bought it back and the system was stolen while the car sat in front of his house. After a few parts replaced and fixing some stuff the car is running again. Still need to do some more work on it and replace some parts and she will be good to go. Here are pictures as it sits right now.

6F35180E-orig.jpg

BA4C4949-orig.jpg

10B085CC-orig.jpg

6779598A-orig.jpg

868CE778-orig.jpg

805301A3-orig.jpg

66D03A15-orig.jpg

69C2DDFC-orig.jpg

Tomorrow, if my friend doesn't get called into work, we are heading over to put on the new oil filter, new drain plug and oil filter. Then fire the car up again and hoping nothing goes wrong. After that doing some cleaning and installing the lower dash.

• 1 month later...

Car is running again after changing the oil, oil filter and hooking up the battery. But the car has been put on hold again due to my ankle injury, the car needs some more parts to be able to drive on the road again and being on limited funds cause of work comp.

• 10 months later...

Its been a while since I have update this thread, go alot of stuff done to the car since last posting.

It made it from Placerville to my parents house no problem on the back of a flatbed tow truck. Big thanks for Toney for helping today.
Heres toney steering the car for the tow truck driver:
EE861B60-orig.jpg
Loaded up in Placerville and about to take off.
70829E2C-orig.jpg
Here it is now sitting in back of my parents house.
14F92EEE-orig.jpg
Battery is charging right now and still need get some gas to let it run. Tighten down the loose nut on the shift linkage and now need to adjust the shift linkage.
Installed the side trim.
Before:
7BD7FA7B-orig.jpg
After:
AB5F9782-orig.jpg
Installed dash bezel and driver side lower dash:
Before:
797110A4-orig.jpg
After:
0431A685-orig.jpg
A4AA6F99-orig.jpg
Installed passenger side lower dash:
Before:
D73A1F29-orig.jpg
After:
72AD7865-orig.jpg
Car is running again. Timing and idle need to be adjusted and then smog it. Thanks to kenny for the parts today, so that I was able to finish my to do list today.
295632FC-orig.jpg
Found a major vacuum leak. Used a rubber elbow from a chrysler to fix it. Car runs and idles better.
53C9F6E6-orig.jpg

Swapped the stock door pins to Wolfsberg edition ones (found these in one of my boxes in the storage shed.

Stock:

F1A0867B-orig.jpg

Wolfsberg edition ones:

64D96E6C-orig.jpg

B4D33009-orig.jpg

installed Mk3 battery cables (still have to add connectors and heat shrink to factory wires to attached to terminal), set up the MK4 factory distrubtion block to bet hooked up to terminal.

9A913BD6-orig.jpg

B253D948-orig.jpg

BFBA7E30-orig.jpg

Ring terminals soldered to wires and heat shrinked. Wires connected to terminals.

2F590E9C-orig.jpg

AA4BA6EF-orig.jpg

E6757BC1-orig.jpg

These next photos are for people wanting to know how much taller engine then a stock engine. Also a picture of the breather block off plate.

480447F6-orig.jpg

1DF61F16-orig.jpg

D0B7C507-orig.jpg

AB65D6E3-orig.jpg

AFAEF5F3-orig.jpg

B46CC9E6-orig.jpg

Sold the Rota wheels and now the coupe is rolling on sebrings (have to get the correct size tires), swapped out the big bumpers to small bumpers.

E5FC905A-orig_zps7b420a03.jpg

F9F0DDDA-orig_zpsb04fb58e.jpg

69706A7C-orig_zpsc70d02f6.jpg

Reinstalled factory shift boot, installed the vw/audi shift knob that I got from Kyle and installed the clip for the gas door to have a working factory locking gas door

94B4ADAF-orig_zps177c39d0.jpg

D3F6383F-orig_zps2ac9b889.jpg

Here is with the wheels cleaned up a little bit and the center caps installed.

2D455318-orig_zps501b5a79.jpg

Almost done with the early trim conversion on the trunk. Big thanks to Kenny for the parts. Still need a early lock trim, since is broken. Still need to remove the remaining double side tape from the factory for the late style trim.

BAA02E14-orig_zpsd4997410.jpg

44A5FF22-orig_zps02f6f9a4.jpg

2519B430-orig_zpse973b078.jpg

Shifter alignment tool arrived and was able to adjust the shift linkage.

365CF111-orig_zps5cf07b07.jpg

Bosch wr7ds spark plug arrived today. Will be installing soon.

DBD3077C-orig_zpsf06cacfb.jpg

360687B1-orig_zpsc07b27fb.jpg

Lock trim arrived today and installed it.

696DEC06-orig_zps131615c7.jpg

D3DF87C5-orig_zps1715df67.jpg

D22F6914-orig_zpsaa20cd50.jpg

Archived