DC Sound Lab

sooo this guy at a local shop

i dont get why someone that stuck up gets a job at a pretty big name shop. he kept telling me give him one 9500 and 1500watts rms and he can easily hit 160. just retarded in my opionion

maybe on a cracked out AC not a TL lol what a pud

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

his job is to sell people stuff to make the shop money.. thats what the shops do... i dont blame the guy... maybe he never heard of dc.. and he was just tryna do his job.. as far as i know.. car audio involves a long learnin proccess(sp).. and its a never ending task.. i also have read on here.. that yea.. the smaller companies have a waaay better customer service..but customer service from a company has nothing to do with a local shop..and what they know.. from their experiences to be "better"

my local shops here always try to sell their products. so i dont like to go to my local in because i am overwhelmed with Jl and Alpine and MTX (not that they are bad companies). thats their job. to sell what they have, in most cases main stream brands.

edit: ^ beat me to it :)

Edited by enemyofsilence

Team Bass-Hz

"Build it and they will come" Start competing locally and I bet in no time they will be saying they loved Dc all along :)

I am not loud by any stretch of the imagination. But when I started competing last spring I pretty much ran a unique system. I started winning. Last comp I was against 3 guys who had the same amp and close to the same sub set up as me.

But not a Crx and as much battery power :)

Edited by alvitae

yeah i get that he has to ssell his products and i understand that but he was talking about how he was building a box for a 10" level 4 for a customer. then he took the sub and set it next to a 15" 9500. told me to compare the size. first off its a fifteen to a ten and yeah the motor on the mtx was a little bigger but still. dc has two other types of subs that would blwo it away. i dont even know what im saying right now

I think it's just that his shop, like many other don't carry DC.

So that means that the employees aren't very educated in companies like those. Most shops around my area will talk to you about the companies that they carry like if it was the back of their hand, but if you bring up a company that the don't carry, like DC, FI, RE, and so on, you get them to put a WTF look on their face ASAP.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

*sigh* this is thread #150593 on this topic. every audio person cant be expected to know everything about every brand. they have products, and they are supposed to push their products to make a buck. if he sells mtx, and says DC is better whether he knows or not, you're going to go buy DC and he's out of a buck. :rolleyes:

lock?

every audio person cant be expected to know everything about every brand.

True, But I think the point is that these are professionals that people who don't know anything turn to for advice. I've seen these so called "professionals" tell me to my face that companys like Digital Design suck and I should get the Sony over there.

Not only that but the average audio store employee that I've ran across so far knows less than 75% of the people that frequent this forum. You would think they would learn about what is out there.