Explain this to me plz

I plugged in my 4 channnel for testing before my sub amp was plugged in and i had 0 noise. So im like great it must have been the power wire thing, so i plug in my sub amp and boom ground noise through the speakers. I dont understand it, the only thing connecting the amps together is the startup wire, from amp to amp. and where they plug into the battery, need some veteran help, i dont want to ground my rcas, so i just want answers. Thanks

Could be the sub amp pulls so much power that it interjects noise back through your grounds into the other amp? Are they both grounded together, are they grounded to frame, and do you have the big 3 done?

I have had something like this happen before- everything fine and then I add an amp and suddenly there is noise everywhere.

What's your grounding and electrical like?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Could be the sub amp pulls so much power that it interjects noise back through your grounds into the other amp? Are they both grounded together, are they grounded to frame, and do you have the big 3 done?

I have had something like this happen before- everything fine and then I add an amp and suddenly there is noise everywhere.

i agree. you added another load to your grounds and now they are restricted enough to give you noise. beef up your grounds

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

My battery is grounded to my chassis and i grounded my amps to the battery. I dont see that as being a problem.

i agree. you added another load to your grounds and now they are restricted enough to give you noise. beef up your grounds

My ground from my batt, is 1/0, 1/0 to my sub amp, and 4 guage ground to my 4 channel. My sub amp is a RF T-1000-1bd and my 4 channel is the RF t-400-4

Where is your head unit grounded to? Do you have an upgraded constant hot for your head unit?

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Where is your head unit grounded to? Do you have an upgraded constant hot for your head unit?

My ground unit is just the ground to ground black-black wire. The constant i believe is upgraded, is that the wire to the fuse box, if so then yes the wire is upgraded.

First off do you got your power wire ran by itself down one side of the car and the RCA's on the other side? Stupid question but I know that will cause interference. I ran my main ground from the chasis to the Kinetik, and then from the Kinetik to my amps and I have no interference. I would say make your main ground as short as possible and check the chasis for any paint and if there is any there scrape it off.

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple

Try grounding the head unit to the battery, or even try grounding it right to the amp ground.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Archived