Sonic Electronix

Alright, well i got a friend who has an 01 shitsubishi (jk) mirage. It has a sony HU and a sony amp pushing a 12" L7. When the car is off, HU is off, voltage at amp reads 12.xx volts. When car is on with HU off. Its 14.0x Volts. As soon as the HU turns on the voltage drops to 7V. Where is the issue? They have been having problems with the amp cutting out, now im sure that is cuz the amp is going into protect because of the low voltage. Anyone got any suggestions or ideas as to what the problem could be?

I took the amp out and put it in my car, it still works even though it is an explode

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

voltage at batt does not change when HU turns on, but voltage at amp drops to 7.xx Volts. Im confuzzled. Is there any chance something inside the amp is fuxored? The gains were maxed out, and the sub was wired to a final load of 8 ohms.

Any and all help/thoughts/suggestions/whatever is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

voltage at batt does not change when HU turns on, but voltage at amp drops to 7.xx Volts. Im confuzzled. Is there any chance something inside the amp is fuxored? The gains were maxed out, and the sub was wired to a final load of 8 ohms.

Any and all help/thoughts/suggestions/whatever is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

Have you tried to turn the gains down?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

IDK but maybe wire the remote turn on to a fuse instead of the remote turn on wire from the HU. Just a guess.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

ya, im workin on running a different remote. IT IS NOT MY CAR and I DID NOT INSTALL THIS. I tried swapping out my amp into it and as soon as the hu turned on, voltage dropped to 5-7v. And my gains are turned all the way down. Im beyond confused. Im gunna try running a diff remote (they had it off the remote for an amp of the HU, ill try the power antenna loop. Also, the HU heats up a SHITTON and still plays when the ground is disconnected. WTF is with that? Im thinkin they need a new HU but this is the first time ive really had to dig this far as far as trouble shooting a problem is concerned.

UPDATE+

If i touch the leads of my DMM to the power wire for the amp (its 4ga.) to the ground wire for the amp (also 4ga) when not connected to the amp i get a reading of 12.xxVolts, with the HU on or off. Now when i touch those 2 wires togeather, there is no arc, nothing.

check the head unit, if it does it with both your amp an his then the issue is with the remote wire or the head unit. With the head unit on what is the voltage at the back of the radio? or at the battery?

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Problem was in the rem turn on wire. HU is a POS too. And the fuse holder had an issue. Its a shitty fuse type, it was an 80A fuse and it looked like the fuses in your cars fusebox or on your amp but on steroids. Well, one of the legs of the fuse was black, and there was some melting on the fuse holder. I told her tell her brother before he buys anything else, get a new fuse holder.