Sonic Electronix

need some advice, still not satisfied

Sounds good on paper. you'll be adding cone area and power, but nobody willknow til you build it. good luck. I got a little confused earlier but are you talking bout putting this 4th one on the seat?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

but for the price of a 4th one do you think id get pretty good results I mean i just feel like it has to be a good amount louder than it is now. When i had just 2 of these 12s i was messin around and threw my friends 2 10'' kicker cvrs that were in a small sealed box in there with the 2 12s and those 4 subs were much louder than my 3 now. obviously it didnt sound very good but it hit real hard. so im thinking with my new amp with more power and going back to 4 subs but instead of 2 12s and 2 10s now 4 12s should be the loudest setup ive had right?

and the other thing im thinking too is at the same power 3 12s is around 339 inches of cone area and 4 12s is 452. this is taken right from the thread in the subs and enclsure section. same power and over 100 more inches of cone area should be pretty loud.

Three 8" = 150.8

Three 10" = 235.62

Three 12" = 339.29

Three 15" = 530.14

Three 18" = 763.41

Four 8" = 201.06

Four 10" = 314.16

Four 12" = 452.39

Four 15" = 706.86

Four 18" = 1017.87

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Sounds good on paper. you'll be adding cone area and power, but nobody willknow til you build it. good luck. I got a little confused earlier but are you talking bout putting this 4th one on the seat?

yea good call man i think im just gonna do it... if i dont like it ill just set it up with my old amp in my girlfriends car and ill get some bonus points for giving her a present. Ill let you know how it goes post a vid or something.. And yes if you can see in the pics i have space above the box in the middle and in the middle of the seat. i did all the measuring and it would still be comfortable for someone on either side of the box in the back seat.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

so your saying 4 of these @ around 350 watts a piece wouldnt be louder than 3 of them @ around 350 a piece? I understand why everyone is saying bigger boxes but getting a custom ported box build at a shop around here would cost me close to 300 bucks and i can get another sub for 125 shipped and make simple sealed box myself for free out of the extra 1/2'' mdf I have .

nah I was saying 2 better 12s @ 700 watts a piece could be louder if built in the right ported box....that way if your only running 2, you have more airspace to work with so the box will be big enough to port...

if you can make yourself a sealed box, its just a little more calculation to make ported...long as its not a T-line, clamshell, etc...stick to a simple L-port or round port design and you shouldnt have a problem...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

and the other thing im thinking too is at the same power 3 12s is around 339 inches of cone area and 4 12s is 452. this is taken right from the thread in the subs and enclsure section. same power and over 100 more inches of cone area should be pretty loud.

Three 8" = 150.8

Three 10" = 235.62

Three 12" = 339.29

Three 15" = 530.14

Three 18" = 763.41

Four 8" = 201.06

Four 10" = 314.16

Four 12" = 452.39

Four 15" = 706.86

Four 18" = 1017.87

Just pull the trigger man, get yourself another sub. Look at it this way if it doesnt give you what you want its time to sell it all off and start new with something else.

nah I was saying 2 better 12s @ 700 watts a piece could be louder if built in the right ported box....that way if your only running 2, you have more airspace to work with so the box will be big enough to port...

if you can make yourself a sealed box, its just a little more calculation to make ported...long as its not a T-line, clamshell, etc...stick to a simple L-port or round port design and you shouldnt have a problem...

Well said :good:

Just pull the trigger man, get yourself another sub. Look at it this way if it doesnt give you what you want its time to sell it all off and start new with something else.

I like the way you think man Im gonna do it and if it doesnt work out ill probably end up tryin the AQ heavy duty 15 in a nicer ported box

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I like the way you think man Im gonna do it and if it doesnt work out ill probably end up tryin the AQ heavy duty 15 in a nicer ported box

Sometimes you have to man.... I wasnt getting what I wanted out of my 4 MA Audio 10" so I sold them and started over with the type Rs. After being on this site I might sell the alpine and go T3 or Fi, This is the second rebuild in two weeks