JasonJones Posted July 26, 2009 Report Posted July 26, 2009 Ok so I posted this in General but no responses so I figured I'd post it here as I'm in dire need of help. So I got 2 Fi BTL 18" wired to 1 ohm on a RF T4k Kenwood DNX9140 HU in an 01 Expedition. Problem I'm having: One of the subs was/is freefloating. It snapped the screws because I cut the baffle like shit and didn't have enough to get the t-nuts on there so I just used regular drywall screws and of course those just couldn't handle it. So anyways the sub that did NOT snap loose is now reverse phased. I took the subs out and looked at the wiring everything was in the correct order, checked the HU checked the amp phase control absolutely everything was in proper order. I looked at the coils on BOTH subs and they were in the exact same condition as they were when I put them in. So I'm truly stumped as to why this is happening. ANY input as possible causes would be helpful! p.s. sorry for posting in two sections but I'm absolutely baffled(pun intended )
Team_DC-Derrick Posted July 26, 2009 Report Posted July 26, 2009 could you have switched the wiring from the box to the subs? do you have them wired together in the box? you have D1 BTLs? The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
Team_DC-Derrick Posted July 26, 2009 Report Posted July 26, 2009 forgot to ask, is your wires the same length? if you have D1s i would wire each one like then run both pos and neg to the amp and wire there... i just dont like running a speaker off a speaker, but thats just me The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
creyc Posted July 26, 2009 Report Posted July 26, 2009 Reverse the + and - on one of the speakers. It will be back in phase. 2001 Chevy Blazer (2) SAZ-3000Ds (2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall Rockford 600-4 Pioneer PRS components Pioneer P800PRS deck
JasonJones Posted July 26, 2009 Author Report Posted July 26, 2009 None of the wiring was changed since I installed it and it worked properly. Even still I attempted changing the positive and negatives around on both the amp and the coils themselves and had no results. I think I messed up something mechanical in the sub :censored:
siucsaluki11 Posted July 27, 2009 Report Posted July 27, 2009 any chance he may have torn the cone from the former? I mean, If it doesnt matter how the VCs are wired, then in my mind that means the cone is non longer attatched. to the moving parts of the woofer. woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port... YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.