1999 Durango- Two 15" L5s Build Up

Late update-

Systen is up and running :^

After some debate over the local shops where to put my ground I left it where I had it the whole time.

Got every thing connected Sunday night at 10:30 and had it up and running.

Sounds really good at 33hz compare to my L7s that were tunnned to 35hz. Picks up the lows pretty good and he can play pretty much almost any song. Plays lil jon and every thing perfectly.

For those that didnt know this system is:

Two 15" L5s

Pa a2400db (1800rms...imo 1500rms)

Enclosure: think it was 8.2cubes @ 33hz with 116sqin of port

Sounds just as loud as two 15" L7s off 2500rms, sealed, so my friend is happy. :^

I thought that was 2 seperate ported boxes, not one? I doubt each of those boxes has 116sq inch port, and 8.2cf.... maybe 3-4cf each, and 50-60sq inch

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

glad you got it finished and didn't give up, lol. Looks like you went through some shit to get it done.

Bit of advice, if ou dont have a table saw, invest in some clamps and a nice straightedge. Use that to rip your boards down instead of trying to freehand it ;)

ResizeWizard1-1-vi.jpg

I thought that was 2 seperate ported boxes, not one? I doubt each of those boxes has 116sq inch port, and 8.2cf.... maybe 3-4cf each, and 50-60sq inch

Correct. Two seperate boxes. I just added the dimensions together 8) Each box has 58sqin of port.

glad you got it finished and didn't give up, lol. Looks like you went through some shit to get it done.

Bit of advice, if ou dont have a table saw, invest in some clamps and a nice straightedge. Use that to rip your boards down instead of trying to freehand it ;)

I have a table saw but it needed a new blade so I just went ahead and used the hand saw...As for the clamps...I couldn't find any big ones at HD. They only had ones that were 12"s tall :V

damn I love those bouncy things big ben... lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

u got any pics of the final install?

Nah not yet...but I can tell you that we were messing around with it the other day and those L5s get alot louder than some kid that has two 15" L7s :^...perfect example that it all comes down to the install.

Archived