Sonic Electronix

I went and picked up a rear battery for the cavalier this morning left it on the charger for a hour and a half and installed it. Now the system doesnt get half as loud and sounds distorted as hell. I checked all fuses grounds and connections and left amp settings alone what could be the problem? Im really stumped as just before install it sounded good... The battery is a Everstart maxx marine from walmart intended to only get me by until i order a kinetik hc1800.

Edited by dccavalier

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Could it be possible the woofer is on its last leg?

It really doesnt make sense unless the battery is junk.

It is ok to run power from front batt to rear batt then ground in back right thats how i always thought it was done.

Edited by dccavalier

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Yea that sounds ok. Have you checked the voltage off of the back batt? Sounds like the batt may be crap. I have the same battery behind my seat in the truck and it does great. I have a run of positive and negative from the front battery to the back battery though, but I have done it the way you're talking about and it worked just fine too.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

ok checked voltage and everything seems to be in good looking order there but still having the problem... I checked the sub and coils and everything look good as new. what else could be the problem?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

headunit is the first thing I checked. this is really bothering me now cause it could be anything right? everything was fine before battery install and I figured that couldn't hurt. sounds like a very weak 10'' woofer my stuff is in my sig if you need to know.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I came to the conclusion that the sub was heavily clipped and its going out. Now i need to recone it and my next question is it possible to recone an american bass vfl xtreme 12" with a nightshade recone? This sub has a 3" coil so im guessing its possible. thanks

My sub is rated at 1500rms and the nightshades are also so i thought they would match pretty much

Edited by dccavalier

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts