yea that port was so much work...it took like a solid 5 hours to so i hope it sounds nice...the only thing i am worried about is some flexing, i didnt add any braces and does anyone think they are necessary it has the double baffle, but i was wondering if a brace would be needed in this build...thanks for all the input.

yea that port was so much work...it took like a solid 5 hours to so i hope it sounds nice...the only thing i am worried about is some flexing, i didnt add any braces and does anyone think they are necessary it has the double baffle, but i was wondering if a brace would be needed in this build...thanks for all the input.

Probably wouldn't hurt since the box is ginormous.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

thats what i was thinking...should i brace it with like a 2x4 in the middle of the box or????

Yeah, I'd brace it once in each direction so they cross and attach them where they intersect. It might change your tuning a little if you use 2x4s bc theyre big.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

that would mean that one would have to attach to the port wall...is this okay??? I have never dealt with a box this big lol that is why i am so concerned with the bracing

Yeah mane that way the port will be sturdy too. Since your box is so big, if it were me I'd definately brace it.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

well the volume would then change the tuning. it'll raise it a little. but its already down at 28, so it wont be that bad.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived