hey I was wondering what everyone else out there uses to wax their ride. I been a very satisfied customer of the zymol wax for over a year and im wondering if anyone else agrees or has found something better. I like this stuff as an all around wax because it leaves a great shine, takes out alot of little scratches and swirl marks, and its easy and quick to wax on and off. I just wet the applicator pad a little bit so its moist and It goes on and off real nice and easy. In my driveway most of the time I can get my truck 95% in the shade but even in direct sunlight this stuff works mint. Ive tried a few other waxes and this is by far the best and easiest to use. Zymol also helps clean while you wax. Dontget me wrong I wash my truck everytime before i wax but it is a cleaner and wax. I need to wax real frequently because i have a dark blue truck and water spots are one of my biggest problems no matter how i wash and dry i still get them. Dark colors look nice but they suck to take care of. anyways im just curious to see what else people use.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I detail on the weekends and i buy my stuff from DETAILKING.com they have a lot of really great professional products. but some things are higher than hell on there. so watch out. but most of the soaps, scents, cleaners and things like that are priced well.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Yes! A topic i'm very familiar with.

As with any "what's the best ______" question, it's all a matter of opinion. It depends on what your wants and needs are from your wax.

For me, I need my wax to be durable, easy to apply/remove, non-staining, non-flaking, and can be layered.

S100 and Chemical Guys 50/50 are two that come to mind that meet all of the above listed guidelines. S100 can be had at your local Harley Davidson dealer for like $16 and is one of the best waxes I've ever used. 50/50 is around $50 and is a bit more durable than the S100, but as far as every other attribute, they're pretty much even.

Another LSP (Last Step Product) to consider are Polymer Sealants. A sealant is usually 3 times better than waxes as far as durability is concerned, they are insanely easy to apply and remove, but you have to be careful around plastic and rubber because alot of them can and will stain. It's usually recommended to treat your plastic and rubber trim before applying a sealant because that way if you get some on there it'll wipe off easily.

Personally, I finish off my details with two coats of sealant followed by two coats of wax.

Here's a good example of my work:

My boys 99 MB S430, swirled the fuck up

S430012.jpg

Same car, after I detailed it

S430069.jpg

My process was:

Wash, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n' Gloss

Clay, Meguiars

HiTemp Heavy Cut leveler mixed 70/30 with Optimum Polish, yellow cutting pad, rotary, 2 passes

Menzerna Intensive Polish mixed 70/30 with Optimum Polish, green polishing pad, PC 7424, 1 pass

Optimum Polish, white polishing pad, PC 7424, 1 pass

Chemical Guys JetSeal 109, red finishing pad, PC 7424, 2 passes

Chemical Guys 50/50 wax, red finishing pad, applied via PC 7424, removed by hand, 2 passes

Rims polished with Mother's Chrome Polish

Tires treated with Jeffs Werkstatt Satin Prot, 2 coats

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

wow thats a world of difference on the two..

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

wow thats a world of difference on the two..
That's what I do mayne!

Anybody in NorCal want their ride done up, hit me up!

Here's a couple more shots of the Benze, before and after

S430010.jpg

S430006.jpg

S430001.jpg

S430090.jpg

S430077.jpg

S430088.jpg

S430040.jpg

S430043.jpg

S430071.jpg

Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I like the wolfgang line from www.autogeek.net and I have also used the pinnacle wax they have on there .... I did a thread on my stuff...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=26007

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties