Second Skin Audio

New Box Question

07mazda3s

I am thinking about building a new box for my trunk. I really want to try a crx style box. Is it possible for a crx style box to get as loud as a sub/port same direction box in a trunk car? I'm probably gonna try it anyway just thought I might ask around first. Also I have learned a lot since my last box. I'm gonna try to 45 the corners and I was just stupid with the port on my current box. If I do build a new one I'm gonna do it up right and cover it with carpet.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Eh, I dunno about crx style. The easiest way for at trunk car to get loud is sub and port back. the Best way is sub and port forward with the trunk sealed off. but you can try it im not sure, i dont have a whole lot of experience with trunk cars.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Eh, I dunno about crx style. The easiest way for at trunk car to get loud is sub and port back. the Best way is sub and port forward with the trunk sealed off. but you can try it im not sure, i dont have a whole lot of experience with trunk cars.

My parents bought my car and they wont let me go all out on it like sealing the trunk. Anyway, I just want to try a crx style box bc I can visualize how easily the air goes in and out, on my current box not so much. I have the kind of box you described now and its loud the air flow is just really shitty.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

i dont think crx's are as good in trunk systems. sealed off the trunk is the best but you cant do that so id do sub and port back. just dont build a box soo big that theres no room for the sound waves to bounce back into the cabin. you dont want your box to plug the flow.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

i dont think crx's are as good in trunk systems. sealed off the trunk is the best but you cant do that so id do sub and port back. just dont build a box soo big that theres no room for the sound waves to bounce back into the cabin. you dont want your box to plug the flow.

I have a sub/port back box now. I just like how unrestricted the airflow is with a crx style box. Whenever I have some free time and feel like buying the mdf I think I'm gonna build one. If it sounds better great, if not I can sell it to a friend or just scrap it and keep my current box. Its a win win situation.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Another good way to build in trunk cars is box at the back of the trunk both sub and port aimed forward. Less cancellation that way.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived