Sonic Electronix

My dash kit is supposed to support a single iso din, double din unit or 2 iso dins. The install instructions show a rear support is used. Of course, there are no rear supports in the dash kit. I had a kit I used in my Canyon and it worked well.

With the 2 iso din unit in the kit for my Tahoe, the units are right on top of each other. What else can I use to give them a little space between each other?

Canyon kit

100_2124.jpg

100_2123.jpg

My Tahoe kit

100_7377.jpg

100_7378.jpg

100_7379.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I am sure you know this but you are supposed to take off that plastic part on the lower deck that is on the back of the player. just take that screw out, it is for security reasons, if you already knew that then I was just making sure hahaha. Why do you need more space?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Hey man, I am sure you know this but you are supposed to take off that plastic part on the lower deck that is on the back of the player. just take that screw out, it is for security reasons, if you already knew that then I was just making sure hahaha. Why do you need more space?

It's not really a space issue. I'm going to grind away some of the plastic. Most of the problem is the big volume control button stops the face from opening all the way. Plus, the flip out screen needs enough clearance to retract. Otherwise, it will hit the top of the kit and go right back in.

give me your cars year make and model and i can get you a dash kit shipped to your door for a lil fee (plus the cost of the kit itself)

if you wanna go that route i can do that for ya....just PM me

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

why don't you just drill holes in the sides of the tahoe kit so that you can put screws threw it that hold the deck in place... and then cut like a 1/4" stip of abs plastic to seperate the decks

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

Archived