Hey guys, just wanted to put it out there in case anyone is in need, or knows anyone in need of a detail. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to do upholstery work, besides vacuuming, but I can clean up the interior pretty good besides that. I don't, and never have or will, work for a detailing company; this is just something that started out as me just taking care of my cars and has turned in to getting paid to do other people's cars. I love detailing and take alot of pride in my work and every car I touch gets treated as if it were my own. I can do anything from a basic wash on up to wash/clay/3 step polish/sealant/wax, I prefer doing jobs that result in near 100% flaw removal but understand that not everyone wants or needs that. If anyone is interested in getting something done, hit me up and we can schedule a time to meet up so I can check out the vehicle and figure out how much it would cost for the job you want.

I know anyone can say they are a detailer, so I figured I'd post up some pics of some of my previous work so you can see what I can do.

96 Honda Civic, my mom's old car, correction wasn't really a goal with this car as she was trading it in the following weekend. I just needed to make it look better to help get a little more on the trade.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Family friends truck, as you can see he lives out in the country so didn't get too carried away with it, he just wanted it shiny. Paint was in beautiful condition since he hardly ever washed it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Former neighbors 04 Dodge Magnum, swirls were very light, total correction was the goal, pics right after wash

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mission accomplished!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

My dad's old truck, total correction was achieved.

Can you see where I polished?

Posted Image

By the time I finished, it was overcast (gotta love that Portland weather) so unfortunately I didn't get any direct sunlight shots but there were no more swirls and the gloss and depth had it looking like the paint was gonna drip off the truck.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My boys Expedition, he had taken it to a "professional" detailer a couple weeks before. He said it looked sweet when he picked it up, but after a few washes this is what it looked like. Keep in mind that I had just washed it before I took the pics so what you're seeing is not dust/dirt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Notice how you can hardly see my reflection in the pictures? It was horrible, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to bring this one back

But this is what it looked like afterwards, Not quite 100% correction but it was a night and day difference. He didn't want 100% correction, he just wanted me to get rid of the "stains" and cloudiness and as much of the swirls as possible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This Jag belongs to the wife of my boy who owns the S430 in the first post, couldn't get very good shots before cause it was parked in his garage, but here's a few

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This car had some nasty, deep scratches in it that I couldn't remove but I got out what I could

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had to get my Monte some thunder too!

I did this Lexus SC for a local car dealer, before shots came out like crap since the car was parked inside the building, under florescent light. But the paint wasn't too bad, just some light swirls, nothing a PC 7424 couldn't handle. This is how it came out, not too bad for original paint on a car that's about 14yrs old.

Posted Image

Aw damn, my Monte snuck in to another picture.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like your doing some awesome effen work!!!

Nice and shiney fo sho!!

Do you mind telling us what products your using for what??

Drew - There are headlight cleaner kits you can buy at auto-part stores. Some work better then others of coarse :/

Otherwise, a few tricks I tried on past rides where either buffing the headlight lenses with toothpaste, or an aluminum polish (such as mothers). Ive used both and I remember one working better then the other but I forget which was the better turn out.

You can try to buff by hand, but your going to waste a lot of time versus a buffer, or maybe a mothers power-ball.

I hear ya caddy....

I've tried various plastic polishing creames and even doing progressively less course sand paper then polish and cant seem to get what i'm looking for. The headlights are tricky to find as well so if i knew i could get them to look decent i'd pay to get it done. Plus monte is Nor*Cal so i thought i'd get his input :good:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

My boys 01 Monte Carlo, horrendously swirled, direct sun shots weren't even needed on this one cause it's very clear how bad the paint was. When I finished the sun had gone down already so these progress shots will have to suffice. He also just wanted it to look better cause he was planning to trade it in, which he did a couple weeks later for a Trailblazer SS. I can't wait to get my hands on that!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My boys Acura TSX, after I washed it, looks good right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ha! Think again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like him and the owner of the S430 use the same washing technique...I know, the Monte is an attention whore.

But I did my thing and achieved about 95% correction, you can tell the car is metallic and can see the blue hue shine through now!

Posted Image

continued below....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No direct sunlight shots since the sun had gone down once I finished, but you can see from the shots w/flash that those swirls are no more.

Damn u do good work!!

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

Can you clear headlights?

mine are in brutal condition

-Drew

It all depends on how bad they are. If they look like you dipped them in butter, not very likely. But I could take a look at them and do a spot test to see if I could do anything for them.

Looks like your doing some awesome effen work!!!

Nice and shiney fo sho!!

Do you mind telling us what products your using for what??

Thank you sir. I use a lot of different products, just depends on the vehicle and the level of correction needed. Did you want to know in general what products I use or for each of the details above which products were used? If in general....

Car wash - Meguiars NXT, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n' Gloss, Chemical Guys ONE, Duragloss #901...of them all, the Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n' Gloss is the best. It's pricey but worth it, it leaves a "just waxed" shine and can be diluted to different ratios for use as a wheel cleaner, Quick Detailer and/or Clay lube. But ONE is a pretty sick product too, it's a waterless wash, wax and sealant all in one!

Clay - Whatever I can find OTC, usually Mother's or Meguiars

Polish/Glazes - Man, I use alot, off the top of my head though...Optimum Polish, Menzerna Intensive Polish, HiTemp Heavy, Medium and Extreme Cut levelers, Mother's PowerPolish, ClearKote Vanilla Moose, ClearKote Red Moose Glaze, Duragloss #111 and Duragloss #105.

Wax - S100, Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax, Chemical Guys 50/50, Mothers FX Spray Wax, Meguiars NXT Spray Wax

Sealant - Chemical Guys JetSeal109, Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish, Duragloss #111, Mothers FX SynWax

Chrome polish - Mothers

Rubber/plastic dressing - Armor All Extreme Tire Gel, Meguiars High Gloss Tire Gel, HiTemp Grape tire dressing, Optimum Tire shine

Quick Detailer spray - Turtle Wax Platinum, Duragloss AquaWax #951, Meguiars Ultimate, Zymol Detail, Long Haul Truck Gloss

Damn u do good work!!

Thanks man. It's alot of work to get these kind of results, but I enjoy doing it

Archived