Looking For Some Setup Advic

e46

I'll be getting my BMW M3 whenever I can find something that really sparks my interest and isn't THAT far away, anyways onto the topic. I had a pair of MB Quart PCE216 components running off a sundown sax100.2 along with two Fi Q 12 on a sundown saz1500d. The setup was alright, but I imagined it would sound better. Now that I am actually getting a car im going to keep for awhile I'm looking to invest into something to replace the setup in the stock m3. I plan on putting my two Fi Q's back in but I sold my quarts to a buddy yesterday so I'm in need of some new stuff. I'm not exactly up to date with all the terminology of mids/highs and whatnot so I guess I'll just try to tell you what im looking for. The quarts sounded ok, but I wasn't really happy with them mainly the loudness and SQ. I really want something that is exactly like the Q's...gets real loud but sounds good at the same time. I have a budget of around 800 maybe more depending on how much I end up getting the m3 for. That covers however many speakers and an amp to power them. I'm open to any and all suggestions, and I will have the proper electrical upgrades and enough secondskin for the job so im hoping it all sounds good in the end.

Also first post and I can't wait to get involved and learn ALOT :)

you could get some re xxx 6.5 inch components.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Guest Nismofreak

^^ way to much money man. I say get some cliff designs cuzz heard they are nice or some alpine components which are good, beymas a crisp sounding. Go to sountrack or some palce and listen to the demos speakers they have. Best way to find out what you want.

its all in the listener. i think my $60 power acoustiks sound just as good as the $500 set of bravox in the demo car at my local shop

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Guest Nismofreak

I say go check out hte speakers they have at you local audio shop, select the ones you like, and buy the ones on the internet for alot cheaper.

My shop over here is all Pioneer/Clarion/Rockford, or atleast the closest one. I'm not really looking for any of those brands I want to be a little different and get something better. I heard rainbows and focals are good but can they be had for under 800? Also would I buy a pair of components for the front and then what for the back?

rainbow does have some lower priced sets.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Rainbow, Focal, Morel, MB Quart, RE, CDT, any one of those have a solid reputation for speakers. There's more I'm forgetting, but theres a pretty good selection.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall