Sundown Audio

Do you guys think the 2000 can handle .35 daily? I have it at .5 now and no problems at all,i have plenty of power for the amp just wanted to see if you guys think its safe? And no i wont beat on it hard daily,only burping at shows. The sub is a DC LVL 5 18 Dual .7

from what i've heard they will handle it as long as its done wisely and for short periods of time.

Dual 0.7 ohms DC resistance? (as in measured with a DMM)

If so, that's the same as what many companies call a dual 1. Even though DC resistance is 0.35 ohms, the nominal impedance would probably be rated 0.5 ohms on a moving coil, which would be acceptable to run daily provided plenty of amperage and some attention paid to amp cooling.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Thats what i was thinking!It should be safe.

I ran both of my 1500s at .35 for several months in the Florida heat. Only problem I ran into was I used cheap fuses and they decided to randomly ignite a fire. Replaced the fuses with some nicer ones and I was good to go. With proper electrical they will love .35 ohms.

teamsundown-1.jpg

I ran both of my 1500s at .35 for several months in the Florida heat. Only problem I ran into was I used cheap fuses and they decided to randomly ignite a fire. Replaced the fuses with some nicer ones and I was good to go. With proper electrical they will love .35 ohms.

Haha :lol:

They'll do that all day long. I'm currently running my saz-3500d @ 0.4dcr daily no sweat. I ran my saz-1500s daily @ 0.35dcr for months with no issues. Just feed it the juice it needs and you'll be plenty happy.

what do you think the minimum the voltage could drop to w/o doing damage say .3 - .5 ohms?