Sonic Electronix

Thanks for all the replies. Tomorrow i'm going to do the big 3 and go get another cheap dmm and if i still have voltage drop i.m going to put the soundstream back in until I can cop some 0/1 ppower and ground wire. i read that there are things that take in 0/1 wire and exit into 4gauge or something like that. Any know where i can get something like that?

Thanks for all the replies. Tomorrow i'm going to do the big 3 and go get another cheap dmm and if i still have voltage drop i.m going to put the soundstream back in until I can cop some 0/1 ppower and ground wire. i read that there are things that take in 0/1 wire and exit into 4gauge or something like that. Any know where i can get something like that?

here ya go LINK these things work great. but get that big three done :)

Team Bass-Hz

Big 3 tomorrow. Whoop.

you should prolly put ur capaciter back in

Yeah I'll try that first before the big 3.

here ya go LINK these things work great. but get that big three done :)

Thanks man.

this happened to me and im running a ed nine.4 and a jl 1000/1...i was using 4 ga wire and it would cut out even if i turned up the volume past like 10/35 on my alpine...but once i upgraded to some knukonceptz 0 gauge fleks wire, everything is fine, i can crank it. also have the big 3 done and a yellow top up front. so new power wire gets my vote

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

So I did the big 3 today, still dropping. I'm trying to get a HC1800 now and about 17ft of 0/1 power wire. Alt is too expensive at the moment so I gotta back off that.

Okay. So I upgrades these wires:

-Positive wire from alt to battery

-Negative wire to chassis ground

-Negative wire to engine block ground

-Starter wire to positive on battery

Still the same thing. I need some wire look though. The ground from the engine block to the negative was touching the block and got hot which caused shorts. Sucks, I know I'm a noob. But yeah, no difference in my system. It still bottoms out. I guess the next step is getting a new battery. Was thinking about a hc1800 or one of these from Got_Bass89

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=49684

Oh yeah, do you think it could be the subs bottoming out? I mean, I have them wired at 2 ohm and this amp is suppose to be about 1100+RMS. The subs are only 500rms each x 2.