XS Power

do i need to charge the batteries

If they were mine i would trickle charge them overnight, stock electrical systems will not charge multiple batteries very well. They can maintain fully charged batteries over time but it is a good idea to have them topped off before installing them. Keep an eye on the battery bank too, you may want to hook a charger up to them weekly or monthly depending on how hard you pound your system. I have a quick disconnect under the hood of my truck that i plug into a charger while the truck is parked in the garage. Keeps the batteries nice and fresh all the time.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

• 4 weeks later...

thanks a lot for the help guys! i had my batteries put in my car for about a month now. the day it was put in the car it read at 12.4 and a couple days after i tested it and it was 13.7. i have a 250A alternator i got from mechman. bad news my car completely died on me yesterday on the freeway. i have no idea what the problem is, so i called the guy that installed my sound system to ask him if there was anything to do with the install to cause the problem. he said no and doesn't know the cause of it. tested my batteries today and it showed 10.4 so, how long do i charge it for?

thanks a lot for the help guys! i had my batteries put in my car for about a month now. the day it was put in the car it read at 12.4 and a couple days after i tested it and it was 13.7. i have a 250A alternator i got from mechman. bad news my car completely died on me yesterday on the freeway. i have no idea what the problem is, so i called the guy that installed my sound system to ask him if there was anything to do with the install to cause the problem. he said no and doesn't know the cause of it. tested my batteries today and it showed 10.4 so, how long do i charge it for?

Sounds like your alternator may have failed on you actually. Have it tested

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex