Sundown Audio

Is there a way to alter the bass knob gain

OrenB217

My Sundown saz 2000 amp only has a +6 DB Increase when knob is at the max. Is there a way to alter it to maybe get a +15 DB Gain? Hopefully not a noob question lol

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

My Sundown saz 2000 amp only has a +6 DB Increase when knob is at the max. Is there a way to alter it to maybe get a +15 DB Gain? Hopefully not a noob question lol

The reason that they did that is to prevent clipping, most people wont need a +15 Gain, unless you have like a .2 Volt preout, which most if not all are much above that nowadays, I looked at your HU specs and you have 4 volt Pre outs and from looking at the Sundown Max Preout voltage is 6 volts, so you should be fine with the +6 gain, and I dont think there is any easy way to mod the increase, you would have to open up the amp and would have to be very knowledgeable to be able to change it, but bottom line IMO you dont need a +15 gain, for you situation.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Why do people keep asking this. Bass boost should always be set at zero. Just clips the signal and makes the music sound like ass imo. If you want louder then upgrade for more power or better subs.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Why do people keep asking this. Bass boost should always be set at zero. Just clips the signal and makes the music sound like ass imo. If you want louder then upgrade for more power or better subs.

LOL I have to leave so I can't argue but unfortunetly you do not understand how in the fuck to use this type of device.

You can not argue because I have used them for years and do not have a single blown subwoofer from it.

Learn how to use one and you won't have any problems.

Again where are all these blown fucking subs I should have.

HA HA HA sounds like you just lost your ranking to NOOB statis.

I hate when people say such supid shit because they don't know WTF they are doing.

If you question me then you fucking stupider than you sound. LOL ROFL.

Again were the FUCK are all my blown subs after 15 years.

I did rip a spider apart from my bass boost but that was it and that was because my box was to big for the brand I was useing.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

NUmber one I think you need to chill the fuck out becouse I never said anything about blowing subs. I was just sating in my case wtf I do. Hence the 3 fucking letters stating IMO. I have never once been alble to turn up the bass boost with out it making my subs sound muddy. And yes I do understand that you can use it to compensate for low voltage input from your headunit. So please get the kitty litter out of your bleeding vagina and stop being so damn nasty.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

NUmber one I think you need to chill the fuck out becouse I never said anything about blowing subs. I was just sating in my case wtf I do. Hence the 3 fucking letters stating IMO. I have never once been alble to turn up the bass boost with out it making my subs sound muddy. And yes I do understand that you can use it to compensate for low voltage input from your headunit. So please get the kitty litter out of your bleeding vagina and stop being so damn nasty.

LOL fuck you :D

Lack of head unit voltage has absolutly nothing to do with it. PERIOD.

The reason I get pissed is alot of people come on hear saying the same thing and I took it out on you and I apologize to you if you will accept it.

Sorry ZADE.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

lol shits alrite. Just another day on the smd board. Im just getting frustrated cuz this is the second person in a row that has posted about jake lowering the bass boost max on the saz amps. I just think its ironic becouse very few people like to use that feature.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

lol shits alrite. Just another day on the smd board. Im just getting frustrated cuz this is the second person in a row that has posted about jake lowering the bass boost max on the saz amps. I just think its ironic becouse very few people like to use that feature.

I run RF's bass boost and set my gains with zero DB recordings and that is different than useing the line level controller most companies use.

Thanks for accepting my apology Zade.

I have to go man take it easy,

Jon

Terryswork001.png