1/0ga rockford vs kicker vs knuknocepts

Get knu its the best bang for your buck IMO

But I can say that the 2/0 rockford stuff that I have is thicker than, and has a higher strand count than the 1/0 knu stuff that I have. I've never worked with kicker power wire smaller than 4ga.

You're comparing 2/0 to 1/0? :huh:

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

IMO the knu kolossus flex is very flexible. i love it. my friend uses the kicker hyperflex in his car and the knu is more flexible due to more copper strands.

i will say that knu is a bit harder to work with because of all the strands. but then again, you have the flexibility to cut some strands and still be good (no pun intended).

Team Bass-Hz

Posted Image

kicker is left, as you can see its the biggest and most copper like, knu is on the right, smallest of all, most strands, thinnest jacket, but somehow rockford is more flexible

rockford is also silver and not copper collored

rockford and kicker are very close, as is stinger xpert (but it has an octagon case, not round)

as far as flexibility, rockford>kicker>stinger/knu>monster....atleast in my opinion (holding all 5 in my hand at the same time)

monster is very big comparatvely, way stiffer than anything else, and costs more, the stinger I got for like 2 and change a foot, monster was like 5, knu idk cuz 07sonata bought it and left it here, kicker and rockford were both like 4 and change a foot

edit: kicker is so damn big that even after you unwind it and cut out that dumb plastic thingy, you still have to cut open 0g terminals to get the wire in, it is so obviously larger than the rest.

In your opinion as far as install and power transfer without price being an issue which would you pick.

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

IMO the knu kolossus flex is very flexible. i love it. my friend uses the kicker hyperflex in his car and the knu is more flexible due to more copper strands.

i will say that knu is a bit harder to work with because of all the strands. but then again, you have the flexibility to cut some strands and still be good (no pun intended).

thanks enemy

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Posted Image

kicker is left, as you can see its the biggest and most copper like, knu is on the right, smallest of all, most strands, thinnest jacket, but somehow rockford is more flexible

rockford is also silver and not copper collored

rockford and kicker are very close, as is stinger xpert (but it has an octagon case, not round)

as far as flexibility, rockford>kicker>stinger/knu>monster....atleast in my opinion (holding all 5 in my hand at the same time)

monster is very big comparatvely, way stiffer than anything else, and costs more, the stinger I got for like 2 and change a foot, monster was like 5, knu idk cuz 07sonata bought it and left it here, kicker and rockford were both like 4 and change a foot

edit: kicker is so damn big that even after you unwind it and cut out that dumb plastic thingy, you still have to cut open 0g terminals to get the wire in, it is so obviously larger than the rest.

I would like to see the same picture but with nice clean cuts.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

price not being an issue, monster. Its a bitch to work with but it is the thickest, and would therefore perform best (and install is something you have to deal with once...and sometimes it can be a real pain but in the end its worth it)

but in all reality, i'd probably use this stinger stuff again, it was less than the rockford and kicker, but basically the same size and ease of working with. Rockford is silly flexible, to the point of being hard to work with again

and bangin altima, the knu is a factory cut, the rockford is a pretty clean cut (as clean as i can manage with the wire cutters I have) and the monster is admittedly butchered, but i'll see if I can get a cleaner one for ya, but alllll the stinger is in my car i think

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

price not being an issue, monster. Its a bitch to work with but it is the thickest, and would therefore perform best (and install is something you have to deal with once...and sometimes it can be a real pain but in the end its worth it)

but in all reality, i'd probably use this stinger stuff again, it was less than the rockford and kicker, but basically the same size and ease of working with. Rockford is silly flexible, to the point of being hard to work with again

lol so your vote is what are you from florida make up your mind jk what is the verdict who wins.

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

id chose stinger xpert, not the other lines (some get real shitty)

Posted Image

monster/rockford/knu

Posted Image

Posted Image

new pics, jsut taken, all 3 are factory cuts, I had to dig around in the wire bin to find spool-end wires. notice the little gap in the center of the monster? thats the plastic wire, aka "magnetic flux tube"

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived