Well lets start from the beginning...

got the system all hooked up with a kinetik HC1400 in the back.

the amp is grounded to the battery and from the battery to a bolt directly to the frame.

...my lights dimmed

got a 300 amp alternator to help keep the batteries charged.

...my lights still dimmed

got an EQ and hooked it up to the same remote lead as the head unit and "Bose Amplifier" so 3 off of one lead.

...the LED's behind the EQ dimmed

had some engine noise so I redid the ground on my Big 2 (just the grounds no positive) and sanded down the location crimped and soldered both terminals then added the positive to make it Big 3.

my voltage was better after I redid everything so I know it is getting better current and...you guessed it.

...my lights still dim :fool:

I have an 18" Fi BL off a Rockford Fosgate t1000.1bd amplifier that puts out roughly 1500 watts at 14.4

oh and I still have engine noise.

What could be the cause of the engine noise and why are my lights still dimming?

Edited by thehoe92

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

are you running your RCAs/speaker wires near the remote wire or the power wire? who did you get your alt from?

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

the stock speaker wire is on the left side of the car and the 1/0 is on the right side.

I will check tomorrow but I am positive I ran the RCA on the left and the remote on the right.

when I was running wires I was thinking that the remote couldn't have enough current going through it at any one time to be causing engine noise but I'll double check.

its a DB Linc Alternator that at first I thought had a problem but that was before the Big 3 so there wasn't enough current.

grounding the back battery to the front one should help a little more. i dont know though man. 1500w, 2 batts, 300amp alt... shouldnt be dimming. the rule i read was that if the lights just dim when the bass hits but then they recover almost instantly then you need more battery power. the dim is caused by the reaction time it takes your alt to kick on.... if the lights stay dim on a long note (tones) then your alt isnt putting out enough power.

i had problems with dimming for a while. once i got a G31 in back it's almost gone. only a very slight dim on full tilt some times.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

grounding the back battery to the front one should help a little more. i dont know though man. 1500w, 2 batts, 300amp alt... shouldnt be dimming. the rule i read was that if the lights just dim when the bass hits but then they recover almost instantly then you need more battery power. the dim is caused by the reaction time it takes your alt to kick on.... if the lights stay dim on a long note (tones) then your alt isnt putting out enough power.

i had problems with dimming for a while. once i got a G31 in back it's almost gone. only a very slight dim on full tilt some times.

yeah that could be it.

it might be time to put the 1400 up front and find a 3800 to put in the back.

the reason its so noticeable is because like you said when it hits it dims but it recovers quick so when the next note hits it dims again.

I still need to figure out the engine noise because when I redid the Big 3 it got worse.

its still pretty faint but worse than it was before.

my engine noise got bad with my new HU... i just have to live with it.

im sure one of the nor cal guys could let you hook up an extra battery just to see if itll help. might as well test it b4 you spend the money.

wait... arnt you selling this anyway? who cares about dimming lol

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

I'm going to put in a relay and ground my headunit a little better.

I don't think its my headunit though because I never really noticed it until I started messing with the Big 3.

and I figure while I have it I'll take care of the problems that bug me.

I'm in no rush to sell it so when the right offer comes then I'll sell it.

my engine noise got bad with my new HU... i just have to live with it.

did u guys try grounding the rcas? only thing i can think of is that... kasey i dont think the big 3 would give u engine noise 9/10 its the H/U idk.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

did u guys try grounding the rcas? only thing i can think of is that... kasey i dont think the big 3 would give u engine noise 9/10 its the H/U idk.

mine arnt ATM but i did try it. just turn it up and youll never hear it lol.

maybe next week we can just hook up jumper cables to our cars. ill leave mine off, you turn your car on, tada, you have 2 more batts lol.

its an Alpine and like I said it hasn't happened before.

I know with Pioneers you have to ground the RCA and if it helps the RCA's are RF too so they aren't some cheapo.

as long as I don't actually jump your car I'm cool with that.

haha I have some spare 1/0 and terminals so it might be easier if we just added the battery besides jumpers are usually 8 gauge or less not 1/0