Second Skin Audio

Sub Still Plays Without RCA Cable

The other sub is acting as a passive radiator, because it's single chamber.

It can be really (really) bad for your subs and amp to do this.

is it b/c of the box?? im bout to get sum alpines so im not too worried about it but would it b bad for the alpines?? (i wont b usin the same amp either)

i met a guy a few weeks back or a year w.e same shit he had 2 dual 10's in a plexiglass/wood box and he had only one woofer hooked up but was amazed that the other one was moving until i told him its that one's sub's pressure thats moving the other one but he said nuh hhaa. my friend told me its magnetic movement some bullshit.. :blink:

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

i met a guy a few weeks back or a year w.e same shit he had 2 dual 10's in a plexiglass/wood box and he had only one woofer hooked up but was amazed that the other one was moving until i told him its that one's sub's pressure thats moving the other one but he said nuh hhaa. my friend told me its magnetic movement some bullshit.. :blink:

yea...i've heard of house speakers being made like this...(mostly the old towers)...it only was to make the frequency lower or sum crap like that...

basically that subwoofer that is unplugged is still moving because the other subwoofer share the same box chamber as the other. If they were in two seperate like boxes inside of one box then you wouldnt see this. You might see a little movement, but not much. But since they are in the same open space, the one that is still being powered, the air being generated from that one is causing the other to move.

Since the one still works, but is unplugged, you could be causing damage to this because the subwoofer is moving against its will. when the motor has current running through it, its meant to be played, but with no current, its still and should not be played like that.

There is one instance where this would be ok which is called a passive radiator setup like mentioned above which you generally use one bigger sized subwoofer that does not even have a magnet on it. Its just going to be the basket and the soft parts (cone, surround, maybe the coil) and there are also powered subwoofers in the same chamber which are usually of a smaller size like 10s or 8s. And by those smaller subwoofers moving and creating air force, it moves that non powered subwoofer and will actually give you some of the response that you would normally see out of that woofer.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Here is a perfect example of a passive radiator... the center sub is the radiator and the smaller 8s are the powered subwoofers moving the free air 15.

:rofl: Quoting a guy on another forum, "He's a sheeple!" :rofl:

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card