Second Skin Audio

Yet another box built... Each one getting better

same port area for 12 and 15s and diffrent wiring :crazy::wacko:

what i think you should do is if your stuck on running diffrent subs use the 12s in a sealed box and cross them over to play mid bass like 50 hz to 200 hz and let the 15s handle from 70hz to 20hz

Edited by zfrerichs

Roseville, CA

im not dissin ur box or setup at all, but run 2 rft1000's to those 2 15's n put those 2 12's in another car n build a bigger box n u'll more than likely see the same affect, i useto mix subs around but thats to good of a lookin box for this type setup, ied take out that partition and make it into a devider n port one side on one side n so forth, n u'll prolly be as loud

but when did they make those rf's? n that p2 looks weird

but good box job, n ya those are toilet flanges, i might try that sometime, is urs just one str8 pipe or u got elbows inside?

n another thing, if u put a y piece at the end of the port could u use that to help tune it better? i wanna build a ported box n i think this might be easyer to tune, but ied get a thick piece of pvc n round the inside of it for air flow

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

im not dissin ur box or setup at all, but run 2 rft1000's to those 2 15's n put those 2 12's in another car n build a bigger box n u'll more than likely see the same affect, i useto mix subs around but thats to good of a lookin box for this type setup, ied take out that partition and make it into a devider n port one side on one side n so forth, n u'll prolly be as loud

but when did they make those rf's? n that p2 looks weird

I would like to run 2 t10001BD but have to get electrical done before I can add more wattage.

but good box job, n ya those are toilet flanges, i might try that sometime, is urs just one str8 pipe or u got elbows inside?

n another thing, if u put a y piece at the end of the port could u use that to help tune it better? i wanna build a ported box n i think this might be easyer to tune, but ied get a thick piece of pvc n round the inside of it for air flow

From what I have read the RFR2215 were a special order item they are Punch Power 15's and made in like 1992. The p2's are different then the ones I see on the web but I think it is because they were the subs that came with a Rockford Fosgate Prefab sub box... That box was tuned to high for my liking and it what started me on my box building spree.

I will be keeping my eye out for a coupe more RFR2215's so I can run 4 of them... but they don't show up too often.

and yes they are all straight pipes.

I don't think a Y pipe would do very well... don't even know how you would figure the tuning with that.

Edited by Hotdog

Your amp will be absolutely hating you about now. A 0.8 ohm nominal load with 2 different reactive loads combined with completely different inductance phases and... and... it's all too much :o

You would be a lot louder with just the 2 15's in a good box.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Your amp will be absolutely hating you about now. A 0.8 ohm nominal load with 2 different reactive loads combined with completely different inductance phases and... and... it's all too much :o

Multimeter reads 1.1ohm on the speaker wire at the amp.

also I had these 2 12's with a couple RFR2210 Punch Power 10's wired together last month but they were all wired to a 2ohm load on my T10001bd and I got it metered at a Meca event at 139.8 Sealed at the head rest and 140.7 driver side door open at the head rest on passenger side. Now that I have this set up and wired to 1.1ohm It is hitting so much harder then it was last time I got it metered.

Video of last set up

Sealed at the headrest

Driver door open at the head rest passenger side

precisely

ok, everyone is being tame... which is good... but nothing in this build is ideal, and now that i know ur wiring... i would advise to not continue beating like that...

i mean maybe, just maybe if they were all the same ohm load at least... maybe even if they were the same model just different sizes... but no... i just cant see how this has any sq or clarity at all really

again im just saying(not rudely), u are wiring subs ass backwards with crazy reactive rises likely... i would love to see ur voltage and clamp ur amp and get some impedance rise info

the two fifteens should be louder with all four ports in a box built for them off the rf1000bd... and sound way better

i dont get how ur amp is even working, but hey, if you like it cool.... at the next show u go to get in the car with someone banging a few subs and 1-2000w and compare the sound... u might notice ur subs are muddy and under/overpowered/fuck-zerd

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i dont get how ur amp is even working, but hey, if you like it cool.... at the next show u go to get in the car with someone banging a few subs and 1-2000w and compare the sound... u might notice ur subs are muddy and under/overpowered/fuck-zerd

I will take your advise.. and I will disconnect the 12's and see how the 15's sound by them self that will be pushing about 500rms+ toe each sub.

I have a voltage gauge that I installed in the dash and I usually maintain 13.9-14.1 at idle but when I am at full tilt on the volume knob it will drop to 12.5 sometime a 12.3 volts .

i mean whatever floats ur boat bro, its cool, do ur thing

but wouldnt it suck if u blew ur amp wiring different ohm subs to a monoblock... just airing on the side of caution incase you didnt realize that damage could be done

if those 15" subs are 1000rms... and still in good condition... they should sound great by themselves in the proper enclosure with enough port surface area

you might grow to like just them as they should have better sq and possibly louder, good luck tho... u obviously can build boxes and are creative so im sure youll figure it out

TeamSundown-sig.jpg