Blowing thru alternators like they were lights and i was being chased by the cops=[

Ok so i have a 1995 Monte carlo with the 3.4 DOHC. Stupid motor to begin with even stupider planning for the alternator with putting it on the bottome. So i have 2 12" Phoenix digital subwoofers. they are cheap subs but for some reason they bang. got proof at youtube.com/boboridesbmx i am only running a 440RMS Memphis amp to them yet io have gone thru 2 alternators? the first was the stock 80amp alt. the second was a 105 amp alt i think it was over 100 forsure. am i wiring things wrong or what? what can i do to fix this its a 400+ job ea alternator and i am tryn to get a better system and its pissing the rents off since they know its the systems doing this and they are not a big fan of me putting another system in a 91 volov 740 GL i just bought. i am thinkn of doing 4 8's or something but once i get it ill take pics of the trunk and take ideas and everything since i want a flow thru the cabin of the car. But i seriously need to fix this problem. is there a certain way to wire i mean? am i missing sumthing i had th epower wire down one side of the car with the RCA's and the remote down the other side. the ground was in the trunk on a scratched off part of paint in the tire well.

1998 VW Jetta- SLOW N LOW

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

Kinetik HC800-works for 2ohm loads:D

My youtube Video's CHECK THEM OUT!

Well, how did you have the amp and subs wired?

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

Well, how did you have the amp and subs wired?

I had the Amp wired normally. with the power ground and remote. and had a splitter form my CD player for the RCA cables since it was a 4channel amp its a memphis PR4.440 and had the 4 channels bridged to two. two channels going to ea sub. and the subs can only be hooked up at 4ohms since they are already kinda wired they just have the twon push prong things positive and negative.

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

I can't imagine the system destroying your alternator, did you ever research and find out what part failed of the alternator? you can usually start there, I am not familiar with the alternator location on your vehicle, but it being summer, I am sure the heat isn't helping. check your battery also and the wiring going to it.

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

main question is, hows your battery/s?

if you had a dying battery, your alternator is staying on longer, and forced to charge a dead battery, causing over work to the alt

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

main question is, hows your battery/s?

if you had a dying battery, your alternator is staying on longer, and forced to charge a dead battery, causing over work to the alt

haha i recently just had to change my battery. and i am thinkn of doing th ebig 3 on the new car to help revent that as well

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

Archived