i dont think i have ever introduced myself.. My name is Grant, i like to learn everything i can.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

02 impala

VM-1

2 dc 12 xl's

RF t2500bdcp

Second skin damp pro

Kenwood head unit

240 mechman alt

d3400 in the front

d3100 in the rear

50ft Rockford fosgate ofc 1/0

lol I been on here for a really long time but just noticed this thing... I'm John found out about this site from the same person that got me started on subs by selling me his first pair when he upgraded and they wound up sounding better in my car than in his lol granted they were some cheap Boss 12s in a xXx prefab box running on a kenwood 1000w peak 300w rms amp so they weren't actually all that great either way lol but to us it sounded AMAZING. Now I'm currently running a pair of APX TXX 15s soon to be on a Q1-2200D amp and already have plans once I have the money to upgrade to a pair of HDC312s and a Q1-3500D... I built the box that my 15s are currently in and I plan on building the box that my 12s will go in too once I get them.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I'm Justin Carter and I found meade through youtube been a fan ever since.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Hello All, My name is John and I live down in Guantanamo Bay Cuba on the navy base... I found the forum a while back while checking a few videos on youtube... As for my plans I have a 2001 S10 Blazer Xtreme that I bought here on the base and am looking to build a small system compared to most of what you run here... The major issue I have is the base is rather small and has the small town mind set so with that being said I have to tread lightly when and where to bass it up... So for my build I will be doing something that can be enjoyed inside but can also kick it up a notch if needed... I have a list in my sig that i am sure folks will make fun of but as I said earlier just can't go as big as I would like here...

Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading and learning lots...

John

I would think a pair of some Sundown Audio E series subs would be small enough power to not get you in trouble but still be enough power that if you want to you can bump it up and rattle some cages... stick those on a SoundQubed 750 should sound nice.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Welcome John.. Try calling Sonic Electronix they should be able to help you with the shipping through USPS. Do FedEx and UPS not deliver to that base?? Since you have the RF R400.4 then you might as well get a RF Prime or Punch amp for the subs,I would recommend the Punch though. Or get a Hifonix if you're wanting to go cheap with it. There's many options on the subs,if you want to stay with RF then the P2's would be a good choice or even the P3's,they'll both get down pretty good.Audio Savings has a deal for 2 of the P2's and SE will price match them,they did it for me but I changed my mind on getting them.

I ordered the RF400D and JL C3-650's from Sonic about 10 days ago... Today I just got in the mail the head unit and speaker wire so just missing the amp and JL's and a sub of some sort...

I would think a pair of some Sundown Audio E series subs would be small enough power to not get you in trouble but still be enough power that if you want to you can bump it up and rattle some cages... stick those on a SoundQubed 750 should sound nice.

I checked out both the subs and amp you mentioned and as for the cost that are well within my budget... But the other missing part of the puzzle is a box of some sort to put a pair of 12's in... I might end up getting a prefab style box... Unless I can find someone that can send a "kit" and I build it here...

John

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Welcome John.. Try calling Sonic Electronix they should be able to help you with the shipping through USPS. Do FedEx and UPS not deliver to that base?? Since you have the RF R400.4 then you might as well get a RF Prime or Punch amp for the subs,I would recommend the Punch though. Or get a Hifonix if you're wanting to go cheap with it. There's many options on the subs,if you want to stay with RF then the P2's would be a good choice or even the P3's,they'll both get down pretty good.Audio Savings has a deal for 2 of the P2's and SE will price match them,they did it for me but I changed my mind on getting them.

I ordered the RF400D and JL C3-650's from Sonic about 10 days ago... Today I just got in the mail the head unit and speaker wire so just missing the amp and JL's and a sub of some sort...

>>I would think a pair of some Sundown Audio E series subs would be small enough power to not get you in trouble but still be enough power that if you want to you can bump it up and rattle some cages... stick those on a SoundQubed 750 should sound nice.

I checked out both the subs and amp you mentioned and as for the cost that are well within my budget... But the other missing part of the puzzle is a box of some sort to put a pair of 12's in... I might end up getting a prefab style box... Unless I can find someone that can send a "kit" and I build it here...

John

it's kinda dangerous to say on this forum "I might end up getting a prefab box" lol prefab boxes are not worth much more than a good place to relieve your feces around here... you should probably have a wood shop around the bass somewhere though and plenty of ppl around here can mock up specs for a box that you could cut and put together yourself it's not all that dificult... I'll see what I can come up with and send you a cut sheet if you like

how much space are you willing to give up?

Edited by bassfreake

My Build Log

also if you post in the subwoofers/enclosures section of the forum you are probably more likely to get some good input on the box from more experienced people than just me lol

My Build Log

it's kinda dangerous to say on this forum "I might end up getting a prefab box" lol prefab boxes are not worth much more than a good place to relieve your feces around here... you should probably have a wood shop around the bass somewhere though and plenty of ppl around here can mock up specs for a box that you could cut and put together yourself it's not all that dificult... I'll see what I can come up with and send you a cut sheet if you like

how much space are you willing to give up?

Yea i know using the word "Prefab" is almost crossing the line for me being banned... Lol... But as for the wood working skills on my side, there are none... Just trying to do the best I can with the given circumstances... As for the space, can use the entire space behind the rear seats... so that would be a good sized box for a set of 12's...

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

Alt CES 200/270+

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

if you came up with numbers that would help. I can imagine trying to send the precut wood for you to build your own box might be kinda pricy though so that's why I said it would be good for you to try to get the wood and do it yourself with a cut sheet... if you do have the wood work shop like we had on every base I've been on there should be a guy there that if you take him the wood and the cut sheet he should be more than willing to help you get good cuts and put it together.

My Build Log

if you came up with numbers that would help. I can imagine trying to send the precut wood for you to build your own box might be kinda pricy though so that's why I said it would be good for you to try to get the wood and do it yourself with a cut sheet... if you do have the wood work shop like we had on every base I've been on there should be a guy there that if you take him the wood and the cut sheet he should be more than willing to help you get good cuts and put it together.

We do have a wood shop but the wood is kinda hard to come by and it is not like I can just run down to the local hardware store to get more... Just a little harder to get stuff here... I am sure I will figure something out but just takes a little prior thought and planning to do it in a timely manner... As for size... 36w x 24d x 18h is about as big as i could go...

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

Alt CES 200/270+

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg