97maxima Posted August 6, 2009 Report Posted August 6, 2009 Im about to rebuild and im going with birch. Whats stronger a high ply count or a lower one. American Bass*DC Power
lanman31337 Posted August 6, 2009 Report Posted August 6, 2009 High ply count means more layers. 2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds 1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4 4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's 1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1 1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1 1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass 1 - Alphasonic PCT6551 1 - Lanzar VX830 1 - JBL 22 band EQ 1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU 1 - AudioControl Epic160
Decaf Posted August 6, 2009 Report Posted August 6, 2009 13 ply is the best, 3/4 baltic birch, voidless ive used 7 layer, it was alright... voids tho
just_dave Posted August 6, 2009 Report Posted August 6, 2009 I've read 9 ply and up is best. But I've never used it. 2005 Ford Explorer Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS Alpine MRP-F550 Kicker KX600.1 Alpine Type-X 6.5's And a Big Thanks to Clay of A Team Audio for the DC Level 3-12" Sub!
GLN305 Posted August 6, 2009 Report Posted August 6, 2009 I have been using the 11 ply birch from Home Depot and it's worked very well. I was suprised at how few voids it has and how strong it is when braced like MDF......and not to mention a whole lot lighter! Just like MDF, predrill and use Titebond 2 wood glue and you are golden.
97maxima Posted August 6, 2009 Author Report Posted August 6, 2009 High ply count means more layers. master of the obvious.....j/k broham. but yea i know that much. just wondering if the high count will be better or a lower ply being that each layer is thicker I have been using the 11 ply birch from Home Depot and it's worked very well. I was suprised at how few voids it has and how strong it is when braced like MDF......and not to mention a whole lot lighter! Just like MDF, predrill and use Titebond 2 wood glue and you are golden. Hella lighter for sure,i was going to go with gorilla glue on this one.Last time i bought tite bond it was so thin,idk if it was old or what. American Bass*DC Power
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.