Yes the economy is at a low right now, will this "cash for clunkers" help, probably not. But for anyone to believe that liberal crap about destroying houses next you have got to be the biggest idiot alive. Not to offend anyone but this program is designed for a quick boost while they figure out what the hell to do next and it is getting people out purchasing new vehicles and spending money in the local economy (at the hometown dealers).

The Obama administration is not doing a great job stimulating the economy, not all of which is their fault. We are fighting a two front war and going thru a minor "depression" if you will. At this point anything that can help produce jobs and stabilize the economy is great. Toyota has plants here and Americans assemble the vehicles, yes it is a foreign owned company but so is Dodge/Chrysler. Either way it goes dealership employees are getting paid and service departments are getting more work (paid warranty repairs) thus putting more money in American's pockets.

The economy will only get better when people are no longer afraid to spend money. Articles like these are used as scare tactics and do more damage than good.

:censored: This is a touchy subject for me so sorry if i came off harsh.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I do agree that cash for clunkers is going to make things worse, not better. If your old vehicle gets above 15 mpg, I say keep it. It would be cheaper to run and maintain that buying a new one. I'm gonna do a little math...

Lets say gas is 3.00 a gallon even and doesn't rise or fall at all (like thats ever gonna happen)

If your current "clunker" gets 15 mpg and you drive 11,000 miles a year (about 30 miles a day) then you use 733.33 gallons of fuel a year. That's 2,199.99 dollars a year just for fuel.

Now say you get a 3rd gen prius hybrid, which claims to get 50 mpg. Unfortunately, the EPA estimates don't take into account the way most people drive (lead foot on the gas from a standstill, heavy braking at a stop light/sign). So a more realistic estimate would be 45 mpg. You still drive 11,000 miles per year. But now you use 244.44 gallons of fuel per year. That's 733.32 dollars per year spent on fuel.

You save a total of 1,466.67 dollars per year. Keep in mind, that may sound like a lot, but it's per YEAR, not month.

The cost of the prius starts at 22,000. Assuming you get the full 4,500 dollars off the prius, it will cost about 17,500 dollars. If you save only 1,466.67 dollars per year on fuel, then it will be (17,500 / 1,466.67 = ) 11.93 years before the prius pays for itself.

Now keep in mind, if you get better mpg than 15 or if gas goes down, it will take longer to pay for itself. If your car gets less mpg or gas goes up, it won't take as long for the prius to pay for itself.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I do agree that cash for clunkers is going to make things worse, not better. If your old vehicle gets above 15 mpg, I say keep it. It would be cheaper to run and maintain that buying a new one. I'm gonna do a little math...

Lets say gas is 3.00 a gallon even and doesn't rise or fall at all (like thats ever gonna happen)

If your current "clunker" gets 15 mpg and you drive 11,000 miles a year (about 30 miles a day) then you use 733.33 gallons of fuel a year. That's 2,199.99 dollars a year just for fuel.

Now say you get a 3rd gen prius hybrid, which claims to get 50 mpg. Unfortunately, the EPA estimates don't take into account the way most people drive (lead foot on the gas from a standstill, heavy braking at a stop light/sign). So a more realistic estimate would be 45 mpg. You still drive 11,000 miles per year. But now you use 244.44 gallons of fuel per year. That's 733.32 dollars per year spent on fuel.

You save a total of 1,466.67 dollars per year. Keep in mind, that may sound like a lot, but it's per YEAR, not month.

The cost of the prius starts at 22,000. Assuming you get the full 4,500 dollars off the prius, it will cost about 17,500 dollars. If you save only 1,466.67 dollars per year on fuel, then it will be (17,500 / 1,466.67 = ) 11.93 years before the prius pays for itself.

Now keep in mind, if you get better mpg than 15 or if gas goes down, it will take longer to pay for itself. If your car gets less mpg or gas goes up, it won't take as long for the prius to pay for itself.

good point but if your current vehicle has problems and you sticking money in it all he time it might be a little difrrent

good point but if your current vehicle has problems and you sticking money in it all he time it might be a little difrrent

I agree. If you have to give a shop money for repairs every other week, then go ahead and trade it in. Fortunately, I keep mine well maintained.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

this program is not the best for the economy. its a short burst to get people out of the recession mentality. and in the long run its main purpose it to help with our oil consumption which will in the end cut down on the amount of money we send to other countries for oil

just my opinion on it.

i know its not the best for the economy, but they if they care so much about the pollution then the MPG rating shouldnt play such a big role in deciding if a car is going to be accepted or not..

Yep...buddy took in his 18 yr old ride but it got 19mpg which is 1mpg too high to make the cut. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

that sucks.. seriously.. we thought we had it bad, for being 2 mpg over...

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

off topic.. tha fox news anchor chick is hot... but yeah i mean what does this program even goin to do i mean really like as stated before all its goin to do is run your ass into more debt

edit.she reminds me of my girl ohhhh

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I agree. If you have to give a shop money for repairs every other week, then go ahead and trade it in. Fortunately, I keep mine well maintained.

the only problem is, no matter how jacked up the car is, if the combined rating is higher then 18 MPG, you wont be qualify for the cash for clunkers..

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

damn no shit i get like 18 miles to the gallon city wise no trade in for me

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

What does it mean by combined? As in City+Highway? Or City+Highway/2?

either way im still screwed i got like 23 combined gotta love superchargers.

Archived