What's wrong with my speakers?

So I have some cheap Sony 6x9's that do a supposed 230 max. When I play midbass high, they crackle like they are blown but when it's deeper bass, like Pyrex Pot bass, it seems to hit decent with no crackle. So what I'm wondering is, are my speakers blown or am I just not doing something right?

So I have some cheap Sony 6x9's that do a supposed 230 max. When I play midbass high, they crackle like they are blown but when it's deeper bass, like Pyrex Pot bass, it seems to hit decent with no crackle. So what I'm wondering is, are my speakers blown or am I just not doing something right?

if they "snap, crackle, pop" then yea they are either blown or you are getting a breakup somewhere else (amp, rca's, speaker wire, etc.)

if they "snap, crackle, pop" then yea they are either blown or you are getting a breakup somewhere else (amp, rca's, speaker wire, etc.)

Even though they do that would they still hit the lows though? Like I said, PYREX POT plays fine, I can even turn the bass up. It's snap, crackle, and pops during the midbass in songs like Kid Cudi's "poke her face" whatever called song.

sounds like you could be doing a lot wrong. how much power are you giving them. do not answer MAX wattage. only look at RMS

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

distortion, lower tones tend to not pull as much current as higher faster tones do

if this is off stock headunit or aftermarket i would try not to let anything below 80htz go to mids n highs, but i dnt think its blown, prolly cone hittin the tweets, and could be the cone makein racket, there made of cheap plastic stuff that doesnt like fast snappy bass at all, my kicker mids n highs does the same thing sometimes

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

bottoming out..... do you have subs? if so why are you trying to get your doors to play anything past like 80hz

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

bottoming out..... do you have subs? if so why are you trying to get your doors to play anything past like 80hz

^^^tru.

are they "snap, crackle, popping" or are they just distorting.

your first post makes it sound like they are popping.

but i think you're just using the wrong words. are they sounding like shit during certain frequencies only?

if so they just can't handle those frequencies, they aren't crossed over right, or you're giving them a dirty signal.