belt could be squeaking??

ok guys i have a small problem right now, when i installed my mechman alt i noticed that something started sqeakin under the hood so i checked it out. it sounded like it was comein from a pully so i got a new on and i got another for the other side i just figured that if i relpace on i might as well replace the other lol and i just figured it was something that just happens for no reason, i mean i got a 2004 ford explorer with only 58,000 on it. but when i did that it did not help i mean the sqeakin got a little bit quieter but not much. But it still sounds like its comming from the same place, i personally think it is the belt doin it in that position i mean my mechman alt pully is just a little bit smaller than my factory one would this make it do that? either way ill prob go on monday and get a new belt but was just wondering. thanks

My powermaster alt that I got from Mechman for my daily driver does the same thing. Thought it was the belt and replaced it but it didn't make any difference. Just squeaks a little at idle. I got over it.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Happened to me when I first installed my direct bolt DC alt but I just loosened the tension on the belt and it runs fine with no squeaks at all.

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

Archived