bassboombottom Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 I'm looking into upgrading my 12" Alpine subwoofers soon, and I was wondering which would be a better deal, 4-15" IA 187 series subs or 2 Fi SSD18 subwoofers? My p1000-bd amp can put out 1300 watts at 1 ohm rms, and both choices look like I can support them energy wise until I get a bigger amplifier. I'm looking for something that will beat the streets, win some trophies at our local events, yet still retain some sound quality for when I listen to non-bass enriched music (not that it's a bad thing) Just something that will get me up there with some of the bigger hitters out there. Peace 8v fury said:
Kicker Guy Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 Either choice would be a good one imo. Personally I would get the 4 15's tho. Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1 Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood. Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2 Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz
shainemcconnell Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 I think the 4 15s would probably be the better way to go for SPL 2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion 2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion 2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals 2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup. Team Pure Pressure
Basshead08 Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 More cone area= :hairtrick: System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
bassboombottom Posted August 10, 2009 Author Report Posted August 10, 2009 Thanks guys. If i had mad money like some of y'all, I would get 4-18"s 8v fury said:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.