DC Sound Lab

A-Team and DC throw down a 160.5 db BASS RACE!!!

Kudos to the A-Team on the score, but why are questions about the box being ignored? Another cloak and dagger termpro build strikes again. We would all love to know more about this beast. I hope my post does not come across the wrong way, but being cloak and dagger about a build is what drove people away in the first place. Here are some questions:

1) Looks like stetsom amps are being used, but which ones and how many?

2) Is the enclosure a 4th order or 6th order BP?

3) What kind of volumes on the back side of the subs are you running? This may be more applicable to 4th order enclosures.

Again, we all just want to understand what makes this beast really tick.

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4

2 XS Power XP2000s

8 XS Power XP3000s

10 sets of Team Project DB BA60 Battery Terminals

3 Mechman 270 amp alternators

GETTIN LOUDER DAILY!

Kudos to the A-Team on the score, but why are questions about the box being ignored? Another cloak and dagger termpro build strikes again. We would all love to know more about this beast. I hope my post does not come across the wrong way, but being cloak and dagger about a build is what drove people away in the first place. Here are some questions:

1) Looks like stetsom amps are being used, but which ones and how many?

2) Is the enclosure a 4th order or 6th order BP?

3) What kind of volumes on the back side of the subs are you running? This may be more applicable to 4th order enclosures.

Again, we all just want to understand what makes this beast really tick.

Here is the problem, most of the time i dont have time to answer all the questions about the box, as they are not all easy to answer. I usually pop in check the DC forum and leave and get back to work.

I will fill you in on the box here quickly. Currently 6th order, rebuilding to 4th order to try it out. Truck is a all wood build, to keep the weight down and keep Jimbo driving to the shows, including 32 hour each way to finals. The main thing that makes Jimbo wang is the testing time. It has been rebuilt many times over. The volumes are to small, dont know exact but thats not important, they are as big as i can make them in a tiny vehicle like Jimbo. If this was a astro it would be much louder as i could have proper ratios to make it efficient. But approx 4 subs share 7 cubes. But with enough testing you can make anything work, this is the trick, test hard and trust in your equipment to hold up this is why i use DC subs and Stetsom amps. On that note 14,000 watts of power from 4 Stetsom 4k2d amps, and 8 DC lv4xl subs 8 Powermaster D3100 batts. On top of that it helps to be ran over by a semi atleast once before you try to build a truck like this. Makes it more challenging. I will dig deep and try to improve on my score on sept 13th for the next 2x dB Drag event.

Here is the problem, most of the time i dont have time to answer all the questions about the box, as they are not all easy to answer. I usually pop in check the DC forum and leave and get back to work.

I will fill you in on the box here quickly. Currently 6th order, rebuilding to 4th order to try it out. Truck is a all wood build, to keep the weight down and keep Jimbo driving to the shows, including 32 hour each way to finals. The main thing that makes Jimbo wang is the testing time. It has been rebuilt many times over. The volumes are to small, dont know exact but thats not important, they are as big as i can make them in a tiny vehicle like Jimbo. If this was a astro it would be much louder as i could have proper ratios to make it efficient. But approx 4 subs share 7 cubes. But with enough testing you can make anything work, this is the trick, test hard and trust in your equipment to hold up this is why i use DC subs and Stetsom amps. On that note 14,000 watts of power from 4 Stetsom 4k2d amps, and 8 DC lv4xl subs 8 Powermaster D3100 batts. On top of that it helps to be ran over by a semi atleast once before you try to build a truck like this. Makes it more challenging. I will dig deep and try to improve on my score on sept 13th for the next 2x dB Drag event.

This is pretty much all anyone wants to hear. Pics are nice, but the summary above and the recommendations you have made are indeed very nice. I and everyone else appreciate the fact that you took the time to explain this setup. By comparison, you are running a really meager amount of equipment as opposed to some of the other famous bassracers. You have built a very inspiring truck and it was certainly not my intention to criticize. I just want to learn more about this stuff and what it takes to really be loud. Termpro used to be a place you could go to for good info. Now all you get is someone stating the most vague comment in the world like "someone is getting louder" with a bunch of smiley faces after the statement and it takes 2-4 pages of B.S. posts for them to say what woofers they are running and another 4-5 pages on amps. You can forget pics over there. PeteS and Assman seem to be the only ones that take lots of pics to post over on termpro when they build something. The others are like watching a game of just the tip and that's all that ever happens. No payoff at all.

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4

2 XS Power XP2000s

8 XS Power XP3000s

10 sets of Team Project DB BA60 Battery Terminals

3 Mechman 270 amp alternators

GETTIN LOUDER DAILY!

Also, giving a DC Level 3 12" sub along with a box to a handicap guy in a wheelchair that you haven't even met in person probably added like 2dB's to Jimbo. It's like adding another battery, I'm sure.

2005 Ford Explorer

Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS

Alpine MRP-F550

Kicker KX600.1

Alpine Type-X 6.5's

And a Big Thanks to Clay of A Team Audio for the DC Level 3-12" Sub!

Also, giving a DC Level 3 12" sub along with a box to a handicap guy in a wheelchair that you haven't even met in person probably added like 2dB's to Jimbo. It's like adding another battery, I'm sure.

Who loves ya Dave? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif Us cripps need to look out for each other, this is why you are coming to my show!!! You owe it to me. If you dont come i will break your legs...... lol ok bad joke sorry. :P

• 2 weeks later...