I have an 05 gmc envoy. I installed a bellthech 2"/3" lowering kit. It included struts for the front and springs and shocks out back. I noticed yesterday that the drivers side rear looked lower than the other side. I did some measurements and that side sits a half an inch lower than the other side does. I took a look at everything and it all seems to be installed correctly. The truck drives straight as an arrow and nothing seem to be wrong. What could be wrong?

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

I found this in a skyjacker section:

Make sure you park the vehicle on a level concrete or asphalt surface. Many times a vehicle is

un-level (side-to-side) from the factory, but usually not noticed until a lift kit has been installed

which makes the difference more visible. Using a measuring tape, measure the front and rear

(both sides) from the ground up to the center of the fender opening above the axle. Record below

for future reference. (NOTE: Due to OEM inconsistency and the available options, the amount of

lift gained by this lift kit can vary as much as 1/2".

Maybe it was that way before the kit?

Mota

00' GP GT

12" Fi BTL

Build log with pic's :]

I found this in a skyjacker section:

Make sure you park the vehicle on a level concrete or asphalt surface. Many times a vehicle is

un-level (side-to-side) from the factory, but usually not noticed until a lift kit has been installed

which makes the difference more visible. Using a measuring tape, measure the front and rear

(both sides) from the ground up to the center of the fender opening above the axle. Record below

for future reference. (NOTE: Due to OEM inconsistency and the available options, the amount of

lift gained by this lift kit can vary as much as 1/2".

Maybe it was that way before the kit?

Mota

I'll try that out. I hope that is all it is cuase it really bugs the heck out of me since i noticed it. Thanks...

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

Was the gas tank full when you noticed it, My left rear has always been just a tad bit lower also 01 TAHOE

Edited by 11BangBang

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

(2) KICKER 15L7 at 1 ohm 4.5 CUBIC@38HZ

make sure the coils on the front shocks are located correctly. There is a dropped area on the lower spring perch of the shock. Make sure that the coil is rotated until it hits that stop. The lower spring perch has some slope to it.

this is along shot, but, make sure the rear spring are put in the right side up. If they are in upside down they won't seat completely.

These are some things we found out with our Trailblazer, although ours never sat uneven but I also used a McGaughys kit.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator