360wayvin Posted August 10, 2009 Report Posted August 10, 2009 I currently have a cheap set of coaxials in the factory speaker location (93 jeep grand cherokee). I am not happy with the output for the following reasons- 1. It sounds like the voice is off center. I hear the voice on the passenger side more then on my side 2. The soundstage is waaaay too low. 3. It cannot keep up at all with my woofers meaning i have to adjust the woofers to almost nothing to balance it out. 4. I CANT HEAR WORDS CLEARLY WHEN I BUMP MY MUSIC JUST A LITTLE BIT BECAUSE OF THE BASS FROM THE WOOFERS I know it is possible to bump loud and hear my words clearly because i have sat in a 91 crown vic with 6 12's and i still heard the words clear as day (i could even hear the reverb on the voice) and that thing was beating. Anyone have any tips and tricks to help me solve these problems? The speakers are amped in case u were wondering. Can someone recommend a good comp+amp combo with about a 600 dollar budget?
DGold Posted August 10, 2009 Report Posted August 10, 2009 What size you need and how many?? Can't really go wrong with RF, Kicker, and I've heard Bostons are pretty good, never heard them first hand though. check out sonicselectronics.com and see what they got for u. Old Setup 03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2 Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest
360wayvin Posted August 10, 2009 Author Report Posted August 10, 2009 ok thanks for the input. The factory speaker locations are 6 1/2
jdmferio13 Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 ok thanks for the input. The factory speaker locations are 6 1/2 ive got a set of premier ts-a702c comps do good off 100 watts a piece
thehoe92 Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 heard good things about infinity's for the price. I've always like the focal's but they can get pretty expensive. Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
harrisonG Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 i love my infinity's i have components in my front doors and 6x9 in the trunk, and im getting the aq4x90 asap to really get those things powered right and for the price i mean you cant really go wrong. 2 ohm impedance. the model numbers are in my sig if youre interested 2000 Nissan Xterra -Infinity 6020cs components -Infinity 692.7 6x9s -DC LVL 4 12 -AQ1200 -Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U -4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.