Tahoe System Rebuild 2009 is ALL BUT FINISHED and PLAYING!!!! UPGRADE to RF P2 8's 12/08/2009!

if chicken dont want the caddy you could always send it my way

x2 to that. I'll take the damn thing off your hands. Don't even worry about the paint or rims. I'll take it as-is. Hell, I'll drive all the way to Cali to pick it up and drive it back. Although it'd probably cost more in gas to drive the thing back here than all the equipment is worth. Well, probably not, but it'd still be an excessive amount. :blink: I don't even want to try and estimate what that thing gets for gas mileage. That's not what it's about though. It's about the SPL, not the MPG. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

thats funny that you guys think that chicken just doesn't want it back or that Steve wouldn't keep it himself if chicken was "giving it away" since he did create the damn thing.

back on topic though how are things coming in that brain of yours Steve you got some stuff planned out?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Oh, I'm not saying at all that Chicken doesn't want it or Steve wouldn't keep it. I was joking. I was hoping people would pick up on that. 'twas sarcasm.

Anyway, from what I've gathered, you're NOT building a new box? At least not yet? I love the old one, and I think it's everything you're gonna want or need in a box, so keep it. No sense fixing something that isn't broken, right? It's got the wiring in the back for quick hookups and changes, it's got the removable/expandable port (30hz to 50hz I believe?), and you already know it pounds. I think the new amps are just gonna show you that it's the one thing you'll be glad you kept. Also, are the subs being replaced? I believe I read that you were gonna keep them. Not even gonna re-cone them. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one. The only reason I can see for you building a new box is the space limitations because of the new amps and three extra batteries. If it's not all gonna fit in there on the first go, it'll probably have to be redesigned. If you're thinking about this, have you considered placing the subs closer together? I know that the two on each side are nearly touching, but there's about a foot-wide gap between them laterally that you could close in on. I know the box is never coming above those back seats, but if you bring the subs in closer to the middle, could you then bring in the bottom edges (near the wheel wells) up and in, basically inverting the edges and making room to put batteries or amps on the sides. I know you want the amps in a place where you can get to them easily, so maybe just batteries on the sides. You wouldn't even have to invert the whole edge, just part of it. I'll try to make a crude model in SketchUp to try and show what I'm thinking. I know bringing the edges in would affect the volume of the box and the port would have to be altered, but that could all be figured out later. Don't take any of this as me saying I know what I'm talking about, because I don't have the faintest idea about box designing or anything. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

I'm sure you've already got an idea of what you're doing, but even if I'm wrong here, it's a learning experience for me. Comments and criticisms are welcome. Trying to learn as much as I can here, and I figure why not learn it from the masters themselves?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Oh, I'm not saying at all that Chicken doesn't want it or Steve wouldn't keep it. I was joking. I was hoping people would pick up on that. 'twas sarcasm.

Anyway, from what I've gathered, you're NOT building a new box? At least not yet? I love the old one, and I think it's everything you're gonna want or need in a box, so keep it. No sense fixing something that isn't broken, right? It's got the wiring in the back for quick hookups and changes, it's got the removable/expandable port (30hz to 50hz I believe?), and you already know it pounds. I think the new amps are just gonna show you that it's the one thing you'll be glad you kept. Also, are the subs being replaced? I believe I read that you were gonna keep them. Not even gonna re-cone them. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one. The only reason I can see for you building a new box is the space limitations because of the new amps and three extra batteries. If it's not all gonna fit in there on the first go, it'll probably have to be redesigned. If you're thinking about this, have you considered placing the subs closer together? I know that the two on each side are nearly touching, but there's about a foot-wide gap between them laterally that you could close in on. I know the box is never coming above those back seats, but if you bring the subs in closer to the middle, could you then bring in the bottom edges (near the wheel wells) up and in, basically inverting the edges and making room to put batteries or amps on the sides. I know you want the amps in a place where you can get to them easily, so maybe just batteries on the sides. You wouldn't even have to invert the whole edge, just part of it. I'll try to make a crude model in SketchUp to try and show what I'm thinking. I know bringing the edges in would affect the volume of the box and the port would have to be altered, but that could all be figured out later. Don't take any of this as me saying I know what I'm talking about, because I don't have the faintest idea about box designing or anything. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

I'm sure you've already got an idea of what you're doing, but even if I'm wrong here, it's a learning experience for me. Comments and criticisms are welcome. Trying to learn as much as I can here, and I figure why not learn it from the masters themselves?

holy crap.........

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

it kind of is broke in a sense that it is almost/if not 5 years old.

he is running out of spaces to drill screws in for his sub no meat left on the lip.

he doesn't compete anymore so no need for the removable port

it does pound but it will sound different with the SMD subs in it ;)

I doubt that he would not recone them with 1,000+ more watts going to them when they are rated 4,000 less

he needs to have the subs spread out for proper airspace instead of them being fed off each other.

did I teach you anything? lol :friends:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

He will rebuild the enclosure, its a must, and with the drop down battery box he will have sufficient room for some 22's ;)

i hope..

yer crazie...

LOL, J/k. I doubt he will got with 22's as they would require even more airspace.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

holy jesus, i cannot wait to see this happen....but it is a devastating feeling seeing that system be pulled out....do the normal Steve....massive work with amazing results

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build