Need a new computer.......

I never said he needed a server grade PSU, read more.......... The whole point in what im saying, is if the OP bought a 300w PSU (why the fuck would he anyway) would be 2 MAJOR faults or drawbacks if you will, to that purchase......

1. Unless he bought a 3-400$ server grade 300w PSU, a home style 300w PSU is a POS, not doubt, DO NOT CARE for what you say here.

2. That low of a PSU, would leave no future upgrade room, OH and BTW, a quad core i5/i7 CPU, needs at least 5amps on the +5rail, and 15a on the 12v rail (I would have to dig up the exact power specs, but im pretty close) a 300W PSU, just would be able to handle it (at least for long term).

I know he is talking about a budget build, but if all he wants to spend is 5-600$ for a PC (I'm not sure how much he wants to spend really) But if it only cost 50-100$ more to have the BETTER more reliable item, im sure he would do it. There are 3 parts of a PSU that you NEVER want to skimp on. 1) MOTHERBOARD 2) RAM 3) PSU....These rules are like writin in stone

Who said anything about running quad core? And how do you not know how much he wants to spend, it is clearly stated at the beginning of the thread? He asked me to make a list of parts for under 400 dollars, i did, now you are all on my ass for it. I sure as hell wouldnt buy a 300 watt power supply, im running a 800 watt Kingwin modular with quad 12 volt rails but with a 400 dollar budget and what this guy plans to do, it would do just fine. This guy is obviously not going to need/use a i5 or a i7. And why wouldnt he be able to upgrade the psu later if he did decide to do so?

Not to get on your nerves any further, but your PSU is nothing I would EVER USE!! And a "QUAD CORE" was mentioned in my post that you quoted cause if you look at the post above that post you quoted, the poster mentioned a quad cpu......OK. You are barking up the wrong tree here buddy. Lets stop arguing about this already. Im sure the OP gets the point at what he needs to do, and also has my number to call for further advice.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

You say that you are interested in doing video editing? Do you already have the software for that? From what I understand that is not cheap.

I would chime in about what parts to buy but I stopped building my own pc's a few years back when I decided to pick up a Mac.

99 Ford Explorer Sport

Alpine 9886

Infinity 7541a

JL 12w3

Viper 771xv

What is the spec's on your current rig that is almost filled up? Unless I missed it , didn't see anything listed.

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

Archived