Jump to content

Car Audio 101 - The Big 3 Upgrade


Recommended Posts

Posted

No problem. Just hope I've helped a bit.

One note.... if you decide to ground to the strut tower only use the outside bolts, do not use the center bolt as it holds the strut/shock together removing this bolt is very dangerous so dont do it.......Im not sure how dangerous it is with the tire on, but I knew a guy that took that bolt off with the tire off and the spring flew out and hit him in the chest and he died, so that center bolt is a no-no to take off, so use the one of the 3-4 bolts surrounding the center bolt, he does it right on the vid I just didnt want anyone thinking they could use the center one as well.

BTW nice TuT.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

Great tutorial. We need a section in SMD just for tutorials IMO that would make it easier for newer people to find. again nice job :D

lol there is one in the vids section, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...p?showforum=166

and were do u get hooker wire?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Posted

The big's 3 isn't that hard to do. If you got tools and knowlegdes about it then you will be fine. Here's mine done 2 year ago when i completed with my mechanic buddy. Right after the photo shoot i add grommet and add all stock wire on terminal....

Posted Image

Posted

The big's 3 isn't that hard to do. If you got tools and knowlegdes about it then you will be fine. Here's mine done 2 year ago when i completed with my mechanic buddy. Right after the photo shoot i add grommet and add all stock wire on terminal....

Posted Image

why didn't you just run the + from alt straight over to the battey instead of all the way around the back of the motor?

shorter the distance the better it will perform

Posted

well explaned man

is it posable to create a grond loop with the big 3 if u replace all grounds on a vehicle for instence i have a 1 ton f350 it hace grounds all over it

allso were can i get pricing on the hooker product

Posted

We where actually laughing at the number of grounds under the hood of the Scion. My Neon had 4 before I started playing I believe. Just an FYI, when I was competing with my car in Street many moons ago, I had a total of 32 power/ground wires coming off of my single battery. 24 power runs straight to the back and 8 ground directly to the bolt on the strut tower. Initially I ran 12 power and 12 ground back but started tested burp by burp as I moved the ground runs to the power side and kept going until all 24 where running as power. LOL. I then added grounds until I saw no more gain. Never had a ground loop from this.

Mike Stiers

Product Development & Technical Support

Maxxsonics USA

MB Quart , Hifonics , Crunch & Autotek

Car, Home & Marine Audio Products

Maxxsonics YouTube Channel

Posted

Mike as I said on youtube freakin awesome vid very clear and informative but hey man would ya do me a favor don't do to many you will put me out of a job LOL JK keep em coming Mike you are the man

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9136 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...