tahoefixssd build: 06' Subaru Imprezza false floor.

I finally talked my best friend into a false floor in his 2006 Subaru. I had to work with all of the equipment that he already had, 2 Power acoustic FUBR 10's, which acually are really well built and can take a beating, a sony xplod amp, that has been through atleast 7 of our cars over the years, and some bulk wiring i had laying around. he also wanted the JVC EXAD double din that fit perfectly in the dash and looked great. becasue of the wear and tear on the amp i decided it would be better to take off the cover and just expose the guts and use som eplexi over it. here are the pics.. and sorry ahead of time there is sort of a gap in the install pics where i didnt have a camera.

102_2650.jpg

becasue of the odd shape of the well and the space i needed, instead of fiberglassing i made the bottom piece and cut 4" peices of mdf and glued and clamped them together in a circular shape kinda liek they make bongo drums. after that dried i stregthed it all up with reinforced filler.

102_2651.jpg

next came the big headache. becasue of the way the tire well was built in the car, the subs would not fit in the middle of the floor and becasue to have the port the way i wanted. so i had to stagger them, and the way my friend is he kinda likes stuff crooked anyway so we decided to do the same with the amp.

JacobShade2001.jpg

i ended up with about 2 cubic feet of volume. it was on the small side especially after the 4" areo went in. i used a 4" elbow in order to get port length.

JacobShade2003.jpg

the top piece is 1/2" mdf. the cutout areas will have plexi under it that will have the back painted pewter just liek the 2 tone color of the car. then i will put green leds firing into the plexi to make it all glow.

JacobShade2004.jpg

JacobShade2005.jpg

the subs had been sitting around for awhile and the surround was discolored and it looked liek garbage lol. so i took some SEM vinyl paint and made her brand new.

i also had ALOT of problems surprisingly with bracing. those 10's do some justice and i had alot of flex. 4 2x4's did the trick lol.

JacobShade2018.jpg

JacobShade2010.jpg

JacobShade2015.jpg

JacobShade2025.jpg

102_2759.jpg

102_2745.jpg

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

you have some damn good skills mang! keep it up!

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

word up man looks nice

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

yea some bad ass skills thats for damn sure!!! and lol at that amp, kinda funny :P

lol tahnksss.. yeah that amp acually pulls some juice tho. i had to put a kinitik under the hood lol

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

good clean build again bro!

you should try and use a mirrored frosted vinyl for the your decals on plexiglass.

it looks really good here is what i did

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=44541

ya man that does look sick. i jsut got a bunch of white and black ones made tho and hate having to go pay for more haha

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF