Alpine Imprint

Iam looking at a Alpine IVA-W505/P1. It has all the features I need, bell and whistles, and all that. The big thing for me is the Imprint.I have done a bit of searching on the Imprint, and got some mixed reviews. Some love it, some hate it, some hate it, play with it awhile and love it. Also the one BIG concern is the output of it. Ive read on line where the rca output wasnt enough to drive the amps. So would you suggest a line driver/eq after it? The focus of my build is SQ.

Anyone eles have Imprint?

Edited by baggedon4s

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

If your main focus is SQ than it is great and yes the line driver will help when I did my car with the Cda-9887 and Imprint it sounded amazing but yes the voltage on the rcas will go down a bit after imprint. A few tricks for ya just before you do the imprint turn the gain on your sub amp to about 1/8th up and the mids and highs amp about a 1/4 up and all channels on the line driver to 1/2 and turn the sub level and any filters or time alignment stuff on the radio and the bass boost and crossovers on the amps to flat and then after imprint just adjust your gains on your line driver and amps in the order and you should be all set

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

thanks for the tips. The voltage wouldnt worry me too much If I wasnt running 7-8 amps. 3 for mids/highs, 1 mid bass, and 4 sub amps. Any line driver you suggest? will I need any extra eq? say a 30 band?

Edited by baggedon4s

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

thanks for the tips. The voltage wouldnt worry me too much If I wasnt running 7-8 amps. 3 for mids/highs, 1 mid bass, and 4 sub amps. Any line driver you suggest? will I need any extra eq? say a 30 band?

i used the tld-66 from phoenix gold and it worked great however i was only using three amps though as for the EQ you could do that but I didn't see any need to after it was done everything was very even after the tune

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

well the only real knock I have read against the imprint is moving the mid bass to the rear too much and too low. I will have the mids and mid bass amped separately (6.5 mids and tweets will be on their own amps, and the 8in mid bass will have their own) the front mids/highs will be amped separately from the rear mids and high, so I can run the dual zone off the h/u. Sould I leave the mid bass off when tuning and bring it in after the Imprint is done, or will it do it all?

Edited by baggedon4s

well the only real knock I have read against the imprint is moving the mid bass to the rear too much and too low. I will have the mids and mid bass amped separately (6.5 mids and tweets will be on their own amps, and the 8in mid bass will have their own) the front mids/highs will be amped separately from the rear mids and high, so I can run the dual zone off the h/u. Sould I leave the mid bass off when tuning and bring it in after the Imprint is done, or will it do it all?

go check out my vids i had the headunit set on 3way I dont know if you can do that on the 505 however if you can the front rcas go to midbass and the rear rcas goes to only mids and highs sub chan stays the same if you can run it like that you can avoid that problem all my friends had the same problem the reason being is because the back speakers are far enough away for the sound wave to complete on the lower midbass and the software adjusts accordingly based on that the way imprint imprint works is it bases everything on freq it time alighs and eqs based on that if you want full details on how it works pm me an email and i'll type it all out I talked with the alpine rep for like an hour about it one day and he broke it down so to speak

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

I have made several posts about my system with the imprint. I wouldnt trade it for any similar type tuning system out there by any other brand. I love mine....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Well I guess I the h/u and Imprint will be going in. Thanks for all the reviews and tuning tips. Iam really pumped about this build and cant wait to get started