will circuit breakers work as well as fuses

care to further explain where each will be?

Most times I hear circuit breakers aren't recommended for car audio... because they might not trip. Then again, you occasionally have a similar problem with fuses.

Ummm... no. I have seen peoples rides burn down because the circuit breaker didn't work.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

lol my buddy worked on someones car n when she had her system took out the didn't even take out the fuse under the hood, just left it there with bare wire hangin, when he seen that he went under the hood n the fuse was gowing red hot but didn't blow

but i have a question, cant u over fuse somethin? like i got a 250amp fuse inline with my rear battery but with all my amps fusesing added up i get, 180amps worth of fuseing on amps

but if u have a 300amp fuse, and only a 900 amp batter under hood n 800 in back, is there a chance it wont blow? i mean a houses main breaker is 200amps n in car audio we exceed that alot but whats the chance it wont blow?

if it wouldn't mess up a battery ied like someone to do a temp short n video tape it to see how long it takes a huge fuse to blow, ive yet to see one blow to my eyes, but ive not been around big systems either, im not sayin they wont, but i want to be sure they will, kinda gives point to the huge ass 1000amp fuses on transformers on power lines, what does it take for it to blow? lol

sry i just like seeing what acually makes somthin happin

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i found somethin neat

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

lol my buddy worked on someones car n when she had her system took out the didn't even take out the fuse under the hood, just left it there with bare wire hangin, when he seen that he went under the hood n the fuse was gowing red hot but didn't blow

but i have a question, cant u over fuse somethin? like i got a 250amp fuse inline with my rear battery but with all my amps fusesing added up i get, 180amps worth of fuseing on amps

but if u have a 300amp fuse, and only a 900 amp batter under hood n 800 in back, is there a chance it wont blow? i mean a houses main breaker is 200amps n in car audio we exceed that alot but whats the chance it wont blow?

if it wouldn't mess up a battery ied like someone to do a temp short n video tape it to see how long it takes a huge fuse to blow, ive yet to see one blow to my eyes, but ive not been around big systems either, im not sayin they wont, but i want to be sure they will, kinda gives point to the huge ass 1000amp fuses on transformers on power lines, what does it take for it to blow? lol

sry i just like seeing what acually makes somthin happin

as far as i know it has nothing to do with the amps of the battery since it will not push all 900 thru it will only give out what amp the draw is say an class-d amp thats pulling say 250amps only 250amps will be flowing thru that wire, fusing size has more to do with the size of the wire, they got a guide on here thats usefull on what fuse size to use with what gauge wire