Second Skin Audio

Workin on a new box

Ok well after alot of threads of asking everyone what to do to get louder, Ive decided to basically take all the advice from you guys. I started with 3 12'' jl w3s on a kenwood 9013d amp. I got an Aq 1200 amp as recommended to get more power, Got another w3 so i now have 4 (my idea to add more cone), and I am finally taking steps into getting a bigger better hopefully ported enclosure. Since this project is a bit beyond my skills I decided to leave it to a pro. I was on the New England spl website and under custom enclosures theres the name and email of a guy who makes boxes and his boxes have taken multiple 1st places at most of the local competitions. I sent him some pics of my interior and measurements of the space we have to work with and he is making some sketches and tossin out some ideas of what we can do. I am hoping to get a bit louder from this since all the subs are in their own chamber of 1 cuft sealed each. When i get the new box Im gonna suck it up and make an appearance at a local show and put it to the test. Any guesses of what the TL will read? 4 12'' Jl jw3s on the AQ 1200 amp In a silverado extended cab.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Nobody can rly tell... It way too many factors come into play on the meter. Box tuning, song, direction the subs face, where the box is placed. Just would be impossible to gues, but good luck and post pics :hairtrick:

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Nobody can rly tell... It way too many factors come into play on the meter. Box tuning, song, direction the subs face, where the box is placed. Just would be impossible to gues, but good luck and post pics :hairtrick:

Yea good call on that way to early. I havent even gotten a sketch to see what he's plannin yet im just gettin a little antsy about finally having a real legit enclosure situation in my truck. I hope this dude can come up with something good that will make my stuff slam harder. I'll keep you updated as much as i can.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I wish I had an ext cab lol

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

I wish I had an ext cab lol

Yea it's not helpin too too much anyways Im still being picky about keepin everything stock with the seats and such so when it comes time to trade the truck in the value is retained, and The fact I want to be able to seat 2 passengers in the back seat. He said he thinks its possible to do and he had a few ideas of some things that could work with what Im asking for so should be pretty interesting to see what a dude with that type of experience can come up with.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 twelves with 2 people in the back seat also?

its either be loud and give up the seat or keep the seat and always want more lol

Yea i see what your saying but Im pretty satisfied with it now and the way all the boxes are jumbled in there looks like crap and isnt very efficient on airspace. My reasoning for doing this is half for aesthetics and half for sound. A box built by a professional as opposed to me will for sure sound better. (especially if he can manage to port it, like i said customers of his boxes have taken quite a few first places in different classes and different events). And it just looks bad Im sure he will make it look much cleaner than I have and not only will it be a bit louder but im sure it will be cleaner too.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I had 1 10" under my seat and it took up half of the floor. It was a Type-R and I had about 1.3 cubes when finished and ported. Im guessing that your raising your seat some to fit 12's and gain some space for the box. To keep my seat stock I could only fit 11 1/2" on the face of the box.

Im in the process of taking it all out now and loosing the seat for a big tapered T-Line setup. I made a temp setup with a TC-9 12" on 600 watts and was blown away. New box will be bigger and tuned lower with 1200 watts but will take up the whole back of the truck.

Good luck with the build. Cant wait to see what he comes up with to fit 4 12's under the seat.

Heres my setup.

3829879134_73e3afab3d_b.jpg

3829078885_d3de578ce7_b.jpg

I really do need to clean that truck out :D

Edited by fshanda

Yea to make it as loud as possible i understand the backseat would need to come out or be modified but I guess i should have explained better, When we first talked I told him everything I wanted to do and all the room i was willing to use. He is on board with me about keeping the seat stock to retain the value of my truck so when i trade it in in a couple years i can get what i should get for it. But were using all the space under the seat combined with the space in the middle on the floor and the space on top of the seat between passengers. My setup now is a dual 12 downfire box under the seat that is 1 cube per chamber and thats with a downfire meaning the sub is 2'' off the ground. we can gain space by facing the subs somewhere else. also that box could be about 3-4 inches wider on each side. I have a downfire homemade box on the floor in the middle which also only has 1 cube and this box could be much taller because its only as tall as my middle console in the front and finally the last box 1 cube is on top of the backseat in between the passengers and this box could be at least 6-8 inches taller and a few inches wider. If he can figure out a way to make a new box all connected that will also gain alot of space i have wasted. But yea basically the goal is to get more airspace and hopefully port. But this guy is completly understanding on my limitations and he is gonna try and make it work for me. Im pretty confident because he has been doing it for a long time now and like i said boxes he has made have taken alot of first places in most of the new england spl shows.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

And I should probably mention, I am not trying to make an spl vehicle for competitions, I just want a real loud daily driver. Im not a COMPLETE noob I know im not going to be winning competitions with Jl w3 subs,(i know it could be possible). If this box turns out the way I hope it will I will probably attend 1 local competition just so i can put it to the test on the TL I really am just more curious than anything of what sort of number I can put up. Ive seen everyone on here posting their scores, and there pretty impressive I have never heard anything louder than my own system so i am deprived. I just want to know to give me a better idea of how crazy the scores all you real competitors are puttin up.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3