loganberry's f150 build-- big changes coming soon

nope you read right, stock alt, 4 batteries

Damn man that is seriously risky and you're playing with fire. Especially with an amp like the Stetsom 7kd which doesn't have the best reputation as a daily amp to begin with.

Never understood spending thousands on amps and subs, but not getting an electrical system up to par. I mean to each his own, but you're really putting sum expensive pieces of equipment at risk.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Damn man that is seriously risky and you're playing with fire. Especially with an amp like the Stetsom 7kd which doesn't have the best reputation as a daily amp to begin with.

Never understood spending thousands on amps and subs, but not getting an electrical system up to par. I mean to each his own, but you're really putting sum expensive pieces of equipment at risk.

im sorry but i dont know where you dont get stetsom isnt good for daily use, thats pure bs right there, i have been running this amp since february, and not a lick of trouble at all...im not putting anything at risk, i have the battery power to back it up, its not like im dropping dangerously low or anything like that, i know what im doing.

And if it ever gets traded in...they'll never know it was there :spiteful:

i like the way you think :) i may have read wrong, wouldnt put it past me :P

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

x2 on that, logan, it shouldnt mess with any warranty. just a hole in the rear. if you want to cut that bish......Ill help :spiteful:

I would think that wiring upgrades would cause more of a problem....

For some reason the dealership notes the aftermarket alt, but doesn't say shit about the big ass hole in the truck :search:

gj on the 150!

did you also do a street beat run?

For some reason the dealership notes the aftermarket alt, but doesn't say shit about the big ass hole in the truck :search:

there you go bro, bring it over, lets make it a blowthrough!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

I've just heard a lot of bad things about the higher power stetsom amps(7kd and up) when used for daily purposes, especially the 7kd. If it's working out for you, then more power to ya.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I've just heard a lot of bad things about the higher power stetsom amps(7kd and up) when used for daily purposes, especially the 7kd. If it's working out for you, then more power to ya.

its worked flawlessly, as whell as the 2kd i used to have which was sold/traded and still never no issues, running it on the stock alt isnt doing anything but not allowing me to push it hard, its not even at 1/4 gain because i dont wanna push it with the stock alt, just think of what it would do with the right power

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Archived