Hobby's 2004 Silverado Ex Cab

what did u end up doing with the old box

The painted one with the Type R in it will be up for sale at CarAudio.com soon. I would sell it here but I dont have enough posts yet. The T-line is sitting in our studio hanging around.

nice start, but I hope that OSB gets reinforced, that stuff explodes with a lot of air pressure

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Not that stuff. Its Advantech flooring grade OSB not the cheap crap. That stuff is rated to span 24" on center TGI floor joist system. It actually weighs more than MDF and is very dense. Got it for free so its going in the truck. It will be properly braced and I will probably put 45's in the corners. Used the same stuff in my kids box with a 15" Mojo and have no complaints. Just a little more work if you want to finish it with paint. Needs a lot of filling to smooth things out.

well, in that case, good job

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well, in that case, good job

Thanks. One of the benefits of working in construction. Sometimes the supers are nice and hook you up with left over materials. I would never use regular osb for this stuff. Only for a roof or for exterior sheathing, what its designed for.

You do some nice work, definitely tuned in. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Thank you, much appreciated.

looking good. i guess i missed it, but what subs are going in there?

I have everything I plan on installing in my signature. AQ HDC3 15's

Only thing in the truck now is my old Alpine 9857 and some Type S 6.5 coaxials.

nice.. I cant pull my back seat to do a full scale build, having a kid and one on the way, I need the kid space....I bet it will pound!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

nice.. I cant pull my back seat to do a full scale build, having a kid and one on the way, I need the kid space....I bet it will pound!

Thats why I had my old box under the seat. I was shocked how well that thing did on the meter. Wasn't on the windshield and sealed but still surprised me. Now I have one kid on the way out and I can still seat 3 in the front if I have to. Plus I can always cram 4 of us in the Camaro if I have to.

You have a pict of your box? Mine was fiberglassed on the bottom too.

Posted Image

Archived