Hobby's 2004 Silverado Ex Cab

im confused, what happened to the AQ subs? and the flat black box? are these two different trucks?

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

you do some beautiful work

with that type of bracing on the inside i dont know how you left the top port wall unbraced

Guess what. You were right and I was wrong. At our show last week I got a chance to watch the port wall while my Son was doing demos. My rear port wall is flapping around like a wet noodle. Have to add a few braces in there to stiffen that bitch up. Its slapping the hell out of the window trim :D

im confused, what happened to the AQ subs? and the flat black box? are these two different trucks?

Same truck man. AQ's are under my work bench. They will probably wind up in my Son's car when he is ready to drive. Probably sometime next year. The box is outside getting swollen from the rain. No room to store that beast so Im letting mother nature do her thing. I had been waiting so long for my amps from RD that I had the itch to do something different. Something I havent seen anyone else try and do.

Im also adding another Soundigital 8K to the truck. Then its Silverado devastation time.

(i was reading your SD8000 thread trying think of space for new 8k)

so you cant mount the rockford amps there hmm

and maybe try building a trim panel around the doors to seal it off

and i told ya about it slapping like a wet noodle shoulda fixed it before it started :P

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

(i was reading your SD8000 thread trying think of space for new 8k)

so you cant mount the rockford amps there hmm

and maybe try building a trim panel around the doors to seal it off

and i told ya about it slapping like a wet noodle shoulda fixed it before it started :P

I think eventually I will cover the rear windows on the doors with a beauty panel and mount the 2 Rockfords on them. One on each door. Incorporate some speakers in there too. I still have to do a little measuring but I will find a way to fit 2 of the 8K's back there. This has been a trial and error build for sure. Learned a lot over the past year putting this thing together. Think eventually I will wind up with a wall and 2 18's. Gonna try and enjoy this for a while before attempting that though. Maybe late sometime next year.

maybe once you add another 8 k maybe wait a little while to wall it and add another 10 subs

have 20 10s walled

actually scratch that just add 2 make it 12 subs walled

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

maybe once you add another 8 k maybe wait a little while to wall it and add another 10 subs

have 20 10s walled

actually scratch that just add 2 make it 12 subs walled

Randy told me he still had 4 more so lets make it an even 14 :D

i was thinking 14 but figured 6 would be better to get a somewhat even Imp load

but 7 subs per amp would be good haha

and didn't know you bought these from assman shit

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Archived