XS Power

I know that I will be asking some stupid questions about batteries but I am kind new to the whole thing. Right now I have a stock batt, a 12 kicker l7, a 3 farad cap and running about 900 watts rms. I want to upgrade to 2 12's, a bigger ported box and a RF t1500bd. I was wondering if I should get a large farad cap or should I go with a second battery. If I go with a second batt do I have to charge it? Or should I run another wire from my alt to it. If I do that will it drain my alt? I only have a stock alt because no one makes a Ho one. By the way it's a 2007 KIA optima 4 cylinder if anyone knows of any alts. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

I would would most definate do a second battery ......

try a kinetik hc-600 it is said to be more powerful than 100 1 farad capacitors .... and about the same price as a farad cap !

I have 2 of these and they kick ass to tell you the truth !

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7324_K...C+KHC+600-.html

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

capacitors are almost completely useless in most applications. Always go battery over cap.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

I would would most definate do a second battery ......

try a kinetik hc-600 it is said to be more powerful than 100 1 farad capacitors .... and about the same price as a farad cap !

I have 2 of these and they kick ass to tell you the truth !

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7324_K...C+KHC+600-.html

Actually, the XS Power D680 (same size as above) will produce much more power than 100 1 farad capacitors, and is good for up to 1,000W of power! Not to mention big supporters of SMD :)

Posted Image

They can also be purchased through Mechman, Darvex, ***, and many others trusted supporters of SMD ;)

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

Battery always......and about wiring you just run a 1/0 wire to the back positive of the front battery to positive of the rear battery, you can also do the same for the grounds but is not needed, then sand an area off good and ground the rear battery to the chassis, and connect your amp to the rear battery.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Actually, the XS Power D680 (same size as above) will produce much more power than 100 1 farad capacitors, and is good for up to 1,000W of power! Not to mention big supporters of SMD :)

Posted Image

They can also be purchased through Mechman, Darvex, ***, and many others trusted supporters of SMD ;)

i was going for two kicker l7's for now with the t1500bd from RF. what battery do you suggest for that. i called dc power yesterday and they said that they can make me a 270xp for my car. with that do you think i need to charge the second batt at all or do you think the alt should do the trick.

i was going for two kicker l7's for now with the t1500bd from RF. what battery do you suggest for that. i called dc power yesterday and they said that they can make me a 270xp for my car. with that do you think i need to charge the second batt at all or do you think the alt should do the trick.

I would suggest replacing your starting battery with an equal sized XS Power (likely a D3400) and running a D680 in the rear right next to the amp as a little extra supplement to the amp. With the DC Power 270xp and these two batteries you will be in great shape!

888-4XS-POWER

I would suggest replacing your starting battery with an equal sized XS Power (likely a D3400) and running a D680 in the rear right next to the amp as a little extra supplement to the amp. With the DC Power 270xp and these two batteries you will be in great shape!

i drive a 2007 kia optima with the 2.4l 4 cyliner motor. i don't think the 3400 will fit.

Edited by bigjsurdaddy

i drive a 2007 kia optima with the 2.4l 4 cyliner motor. i don't think the 3400 will fit.

Do you know what size the stock battery is? I can look it up at the office tomorrow and let you know what fits!

888-4XS-POWER