solosickness Posted August 25, 2009 Report Posted August 25, 2009 hey there whats up. getting closer and closer everyday to my dream system witch consists of a solox 18 rockfosgate 40001bd 2 kenetik batterys prolly not the loudest but deff enuff for me lol heres a pic of my gear http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...mageID=22012316 well i wanna put it all in...THIS car http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...&i=22012320 can anyone tell me what the resonant freq of this car? i will do what ever i have too to get this awnser thanks... I just reallly wanna be able to do....this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1rUvHkar6E hes got a walled solo x on a atomic 5k would a fosgate 4k be as powerful as an atomic 5k? Ride Stats: 2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*" X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser" x1 0g Big 3 x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's" x1 Kinetik 1800 x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands. x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge. -Soon Too Be Walled Fav Quote: They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.
solosickness Posted August 25, 2009 Author Report Posted August 25, 2009 wow no help? lol wow my first 2 links rnt working r they lol... PIC LINKS FIXED!!!!!! Ride Stats: 2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*" X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser" x1 0g Big 3 x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's" x1 Kinetik 1800 x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands. x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge. -Soon Too Be Walled Fav Quote: They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.
Nightshade Posted August 25, 2009 Report Posted August 25, 2009 Since I can't see your pictures since I'm not a member on myspace I'll ask is your car a ZX3 or a ZX5? I have a 2001 Focus ZX3 and I have found the resonant frequency to be at 51hz in mine. However, I do have deadener in the vehicle which will usually lower the frequency unless it's used to cover holes in which case it will raise frequency. I have two different setups right now for my car and I'll tell you a little bit about them. First is the daily setup which is 2 Sundown Nightshade 15's ran off of 2 Sundown saz2000d's that produce around 4000 watts rms with each ran at .5 ohms. This setup will do a 151.3db on the dash sealed all day long at 43hz!!! The box is 7.2 cubes after all displacements with 6 4" aeroports at 18" each to tune the box to 37hz. The woofers are firing back and the ports are up. The reason the car peaks so low is because there is a huge box in there with 2 15's taking up tons of room. The second setup is my new spl setup. It is a single Nightshade 15 in 3 cubes with a single 8" flared port tuned to 46hz that peaks at 51, 52, and 53hz. This setup will do a 152.2db on the dash sealed and has no testing what so ever done to it. The sub is firing up and the port is to the driver's side of the car. I have the 2 saz2000d's strapped at .5 ohms so each amp is seeing .25 ohms on a burp and they are producing 4600 watts clamped power. I have some pics of the installs and here are the links. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=38750 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...=52678&st=0 My electrical is a stock alt with 2 runs of 0 guage to the rear, a Deka G34 up front, and 2 XS Power D3100's in the spare tire well. The ZX3 model of this car can get very loud and I plan on doing over a 154 with only one 15" sub :o 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
solosickness Posted August 25, 2009 Author Report Posted August 25, 2009 WOW FINALLY i meet someone with the same car and some good sounds! that shit looks brutal man u got any vids? but the thing is, im not the biggest fan of high freq.s though. If i were to do my port at 35hz walled what would my highest freq be? estamated? would doing this be a bad idea? BUT I REALLY LIKE THE LOW BAss Ride Stats: 2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*" X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser" x1 0g Big 3 x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's" x1 Kinetik 1800 x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands. x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge. -Soon Too Be Walled Fav Quote: They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.
solosickness Posted August 25, 2009 Author Report Posted August 25, 2009 WOW FINALLY i meet someone with the same car and some good sounds!that shit looks brutal man u got any vids? but the thing is, im not the biggest fan of high freq.s though. I like the 25-38hz zone.... would doing this be a bad idea? BUT I REALLY LIKE THE LOW BAss ok so my new question is... if my car is around 51hz and i port my box at a desired 35hz... will this be a bad idea? and what would my loudest freq be? "estamated" what are my down sides and up sides of this? walled of course port on dirvers side. Ride Stats: 2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*" X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser" x1 0g Big 3 x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's" x1 Kinetik 1800 x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands. x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge. -Soon Too Be Walled Fav Quote: They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.
Forevrbumpn Posted August 25, 2009 Report Posted August 25, 2009 a forgotten part of the equation is, Nightshade is running boxes, you want to do a wall. Doing a wall, the cabin resonance will go even higher than 51hz I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.